speedo prob

R

r5ben

my speedo is in mph but its still limited to 110mph ish ?? how do i get rid of this ?? i thought of buying a speedo delimiter but will that work as its in mph allready or am i digging a bigger hole for myself ? :roll: where does it fit ?

Curtis

Does your speedo only go up to something like 115mph?
If so it looks like someone has done a cheap fix and just replaced the dials face.
A proper kpm to mph converter doesn't get rid of the speed limiter at all, but changing the pulse of the signal to read in mph means that the limiter won't cut in until you reach 180mph odd which of course you won't! :cry:

R

r5ben

:oops: nope my speedo goes upto 180 mph but the car cuts out at 110ish mph ?????????? so why is it doing that then ?? :cry:

geetee

Sounds like someone has converted it to mph but not delimited it.

Standard limiter kicks in at 180 kmh = 111.87mph

Miles per hour (mph) ---> Kilometers per hour (kmh): mph x 1.609 = kmh
Kilometers per hour (kmh) ---> Miles per hour (mph): kmh / 1.609 = mph

You need to get hold of a delimeter & convertor kit. Most of them are a little black box that goes behind the speedo and connects up to a few wires on the back of the speedo. They basically intercept the signal from the speed sensor, divide it by 1.6 and send it on to the ECU so you don't get the speed limiter cutting in.

You'll probably find a black box already spliced in place behind the speedo (although some early ones were spliced in down by the ecu I believe). You'll need to remove this original one and replace it.

On the other hand it could be a delimter / convertor that has been wired up incorrectly - passing a signal / 1.6 to the speedo but an original signal to the ECU.

Have a look at

http://www.gtiroc.com/testgtirocspeedo.htm

for more info.

Cheers
GeeTee 8)

R

r5ben

thanks for that mate i will have a look at this at the weekend and if its all pete tong ill buy a new delimiter :eek:

cheers

M

Mulisha

Yeah, that sounds like it. I had to use a 200sx speedo to get it through car inspections. It works but the calibration is off at high speeds.

R

r5ben

so it it looking to a delimiter ?? and the clocks will be ok ?? :lol: