Speedo not working

Just finished sorting out the power steering pump.. 1st journey out and something else has broken!

The speedo occasionally shows a little flick upwards, but is mostly just dead. Was working fine about 3 weeks ago.

I have no idea about these - is it cable or sensor and where should I look?

Thanks in advance,

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
It's a sensor on the transfer case, but the chances are that it's actually the gauge that has given-up... It's not a white one is it?

If you can get to the top of your transfer case, then you could try pulling it out and seeing if it's working, but it might actually be easier to try changing the dial first. - If you're taking the clocks out you can check that it's not a loose connection on your converter whilst you're at it.

I knew it wouldnt be easy! It is indeed a white gauge - at the moment its working so it would seem like a loose connection. Ill have to go searching for the sensor and try pushing the plug back on, it was fine pre engine out so im hoping its just that

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
The white gauges are notorious for people damaging the mechanism when they're installed, that's why I was asking. - In that case, the chances are that the dial needs to be replaced.