Spacers & Wheels

A

Anonymous

Will spacers ruin handeling, i am planning on getting a wide arch kit (Turini) which requires spacers. Also i have a set of 17's et 45 on my car at the moment and was thinking of putting them on the pulsar. I know that aceloration will suffer as a result but would it be worth it in the longrun as i plan to run big power. (400bhp ish) As it will be better to put the power down.

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
See if you can get a better offset with some wider wheels. If you went for a 35mm offset for example, you'd already have moved out 10mm over the 45offset with no spacers. You'll need longer wheel studs with spacers as well. Your handling will be affected with the spacers or wider wheels. Chances are you'll suffer more tramlining, although this is also affected by the tread pattern, and there'll be more stress of the wheel bearings/suspension components from moving the wheels further out. See if you can talk to some one who already has the kit and see what they say. :)

B

Ben Chandler

The SE wide arches look superb. You'll require 23mm Front and 48mm Rear spacers. You can purchase the from SE and it'll be a simple bolt up affair with no messin about or you could try and get some wheels with offsets that'll have 'em sitting right in the arch.

Based on a et45 offset I reckon you'd need something like a et22 up front and an et-3 at the rear. It's possible to get wheels which will just bolt up but it'll certainly reduce ur choice.

Also what car are ur 17's comin off? You'll need a 4x100 pcd or bolt pattern. This is common on some Hondas, lots of Vauxhalls, VW's etc...

Hope this helps :roll:

A

Anonymous

I'm sad to say that the wheels are currently on my vauxhall Nova. It's just that i'm very fond of my alloys wanted to keep them (as im selling the nova) Instead of having to payout for a new set.