smoke

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Just this time of year? - Might just be condensation, that's often mistaken for smoke when the weather gets cold; particularly if you've got a large diameter exhaust.

Gujjar

no wheelspinn at all and its warmed up well and water comes out of exhaust ? and wen thrashing it no smoke and as soon as we slow down and go down gears just get white clouds of smoke ?

Gujjar

and it takes shit loads of water leakage but haven't solved where its coming from top side of engine

Gujjar

and wen i purchased the car 4 week later the turbo went on it and i put a standard pulsar turbo in it (second hand) worked perfect after 4 weeks started smoking again :/

vss irvine

white smoke is water and if your using lots of water and you cant find the leak then it may be getting into the engine.

you need to get a pressure tester and pressurise the cooling system when the engine isnt running,

see if you can work out where its going,

could be a headgasket issue or a cracked turbo core.

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Maybe it's the water that's causing wheelspin!?

If it's using water and you can't see where; I'd guess it's a pin-hole leak in the head gasket. - Steam gets out, but oil doesn't get back in.

Whilst you're getting it pressure-tested, ask for a "sniffer test" to see if there's exhaust gases in the cooling system.