Smaller oil filter

paz

I don't know if there is such a thing.

Does anyone know of an oil filter that fits the pulsar which is about half the height of the standard Nissan one?

Cheers

Paz

Dangerous Dave

Why dont you see if you can get a oil filter relocation kit for it??

Saying that i think i might have one un sure of the condition tho.

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Why not just find one with the same thread? Then you can make it fit.

I'm not so sure it's a good idea, but I can't say that I know that. I'm not sure if it's a volume or flow issue; I can't really see that a smaller filter flows any less (it just flows through a smaller volume), so maybe you'll just need to change it more often.

I think you're better-off putting the sandwich plate on the side (where the original oil/water cooler is); if you've got an oil cooler you don't need both, and then there's no need to compromise on the size of your oil filter.

paz

I've been looking at locator kits, the only one I can find is expensive though.

Pobody- that's basically what I'm looking for, just a filter that would fit. Apparently the evo chaps do it all the time due to the position of their oil filters. I'm told it shouldn't cause any problems.

vss irvine

have you taken into consideration the fact that if you go smaller, you will get less filtering?

make your own relocation kit, i bought parts from think automotive and had the hoses made up, cost less than the available kits.

( then buy a bigger filter!)

paz

Mine doesn't :(

I got one with oil pressure sensor, it screws onto where the oil filter goes and then the filter is supposed to screw onto that. It just doesn't all fit.

Guess it's a reloation kit. Boo!

Anyone got any linkies to premade kits? I'm not a homemade kind of guy... Mainly because it would blow up if I tried!! :lol:

Dangerous Dave

I got one with oil pressure sensor, it screws onto where the oil filter goes and then the filter is supposed to screw onto that. It just doesn't all fit.

Anyone got any linkies to premade kits? I'm not a homemade kind of guy... Mainly because it would blow up if I tried!! :lol:

I will have a look for you mate am sure i have a kit somewhere its just finding the thing:lol:

stumo

you seem to cock-up everything you touch! :roll::lol::roll::lol::roll::lol:

paz

I must have touched you at some point in the past, as it appears to have turned you into a massive cock :)