Smaller expansion tank when FMIC in place

dombat

I've had my FMIC fitted but I hate where the expansion tank is.

Do people ever replace them with a nice shiny one that isn't a standard replacement (like Forge's)? I had a look on Demontweeks and surprisingly couldn't find any.

R

riske

Get a sierra cosworth one. Thats what i think they are. Its a shiney bottle but your talking about £130 they are on demontweeks.

P

pulsarboby

ive got one similar to this that you can have for £35 delivered if thats any use to you

gtir_pimp

if you hate where it is then relocate it to where you like. the pulsar forge one is about £150. if you got the money then go for it. if not then maybe go to a scrap yard like my mate did and look at the nissan sunnys as theyre the same, for a nicer clean one. he got one that was crystal clear just like new and looks alot better than my one. very cheap too!

Lol @ Ollie.

Surely it cant be that bad not having one? its only an overflow bottle anyway enit?

I haven't been using one for about 5Months now, and its been fine

nex

it does what it says on the tin, allows fro expansion - confine stuff thats wants to expands - pop!

well when it does expand, it can just run out the hose that used to go into the bottle? but instead of sittin in a bottle, go straight to the floor :lol: :) no?

Braveheart

well when it does expand, it can just run out the hose that used to go into the bottle? but instead of sittin in a bottle, go straight to the floor :lol: :) no?
After it's heated up, dumped expanded coolant to the floor, you could be 0.5 to 0.75 l of coolant shy in your cooling system.
The idea is that when the system cools down, the expanded coolent gets drawn back into the system via the expansion bottle.

Riiiight, i didnt realise it could draw it back in, i just thought it was there to show how much you had lost if you know what i mean?

Still, i more than likely wont put it back in, i'll just keep checkin it every so often

Radleigh

I'd put it back in mate, Pulsars have it from factory for a reason lol, thats like driving with 3 wheels on and cornering hard. LOL

Is it really worth the risk of the engine/head gasket?

CanadianR

I need another one. I am using a small pop bottle but need a larger one as I need to top up the coolant every few days since it blows the stuff out the top of the bottle all the time.

Not a £100+ one though. Plastic is my friend I hope.

I'd put it back in mate, Pulsars have it from factory for a reason lol, thats like driving with 3 wheels on and cornering hard. LOL
BLIMEY! Thats a little bit dramatic lol

ok, ok, ok, i'll put it back in, it just looks cluttered with it in there :x