Show us your Engine Bay

ShayneG

Thanks, I'm just trying to get a few minor things sorted out with it like washer bottle location, oil cooler and a bit of wiring. I'll then be on the hunt for a Quaife gearbox but they seem hard to get hold of now :(
I've got some minor rust coming through on the rear arches as well so that will be a nice one to sort. I forgot how expensive it was owning an R :doh:

Last edited:

red reading

The maf gets made into a steel tube 3" I.d and 18" long, this then goes in line with the inlet plenum, the car can be mapped better as ther is no turbulence affect it, the fueling is more accurate as it is working at what the engine sees not the turbo ( I.e flow and inlet temp , air density) so you get better throttle response, better idle quality, better fuel economy on long runs at off boost .........used to run it on mine till I went to a proper ecu.

red reading

When I was running a maf I was on nistune, I am now running a syvecs s6gp with map,iat and full knock...also has a lambda linked to the ecu to constant adjust fueling ......very trick. O and I run coil pcks on plug rather than a distributor direct from the ecu too

GTIR1000

You could also use a washer bag as well save re routing look on eBay mine cost 12 quid motor pipe bag etc all inckuded

ShayneG

When I was running a maf I was on nistune, I am now running a syvecs s6gp with map,iat and full knock...also has a lambda linked to the ecu to constant adjust fueling ......very trick. O and I run coil pcks on plug rather than a distributor direct from the ecu too
Very nice, What sort of power you running?

red reading

501bhp and 430lbft was the nistune and now on the syvecs I was running 500/500 but that will be changing as I have now changed the restrictive exhaust

That is rediculous having that much power :) I can only dream what that is like!! Mine feels quick now on standard ECU with a 3071 at 0.7bar LOL You must have spare pants in your glove box......8)

Greygtir

Started work on engine bay so going to post a few pics in here. Engine bsy is to be clean and tucked as much as practicly poss so here is the first peice of the jigsaw