Shim Exchange

LeeSmith

Does anyone know what happened about the Shim Idea someone came up with?

Remember someone was going to hold all the used shims off people and we were going to exchange the ones we didn't need for ones we do. then everyone is happy as we get our shims rather than wait for nissan to get there fingers out there arses!

C

Crazy

I would defo be up for it lads, the shims are the only thing that has put me off buying a set of upgraded cams :)

A

AJ4

It was me bud, not forgotten, just needs a few people to donate shims to get it off the ground :D

I've got about 16 shims already, I'll start another thread in the maintenance section in a day or two about how its going to work etc.

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
I've got a collection of about 18 now. Some never used. :x

Would be happy to contribute on the proviso I can get them back myself if ever needed as I spent about £200 on shims in the end for my car.

Happy to support the club as long as its going to a good home. It only takes one idiot to take advantage though :roll:
The flip side is I wouldn't want a genuine R fan to go through the hassle I did over a set of cams.

Will wait to see what rules AJ4 comes up with.

Jim

O

Odin

I have a compleat spare set of shims, That I took off my spare engine before I sold it :wink: .

I will need shims when I fit cams next year, So I'm not sure what to do with them, This system would only work in my opinion if it's set up on the new forum, As it would be completly wasted on the five minute wonders we have now on this forum :roll: .

But that's just my opinion :wink: .

rob

R

r5ben

i need to reshim my R after i had the head work done so i would be up for that as mine sounds sh1t at the min so i would be up for swoping some too :D