Sheepdog recirc dump valve:doesn't remain closed at idle :-(

Jobi Joba

When I back off the throttle to make my engine idle,my sheepdog recirc dump valve is partly opened and I end up with an engine idling from 1,100 to 1,500 rpm which is pretty annoying.

Is there someone here who had the same problem?

Do you know a recirc dump valve which could handle 1.6bar boost and remain closed at idle (vacuum)??

Cheers

Jon

K

KRS

I have a sheepdog BOV, My car idles between 1200 & 1500 rpm too :?

I dont know why though, I hoped it would go away when I got the car mapped. Its always been like this since ive owned it.

Jobi Joba

mattygti-r said:
for that kinda boost it wont handle

recirc hks super sequential will do the job
I ran 1.5bar boost yesterday and no prob,the valve stays closed.

But I still have my idle problem.

Are u sure the SSQV can be recirc type?I thought it was only blow off...Is there someone who has a pic of a recirc SSQV?

KRS:just because your Sheepdog always change from closed (1500rpm) to open (1200rpm)...Only way to cure it:change the dump valve:it's what I gonna do.

J

jasegould

I had a Sheepdog aswell......messed my idle up also, but it sounded soooooooo goo dthat I left it 8)

marc

Sorry to thread Hijack, I also got one and I have a filter but I can hardly hear any noise atall.. it only seems to flutter when I just start my car up, and even then after a few dumps it goes to a very very very faint chatter of turbo stall :| Anyone answer this ? and yes I have adjusted it till im sick of the sight of the damn thing. Im only running standard boost!!!