seat rails

nimhbk

Looking at them this morning i was wondering, if i cut the rails off where they have been welded to the feet, would all four feet be at the same height, as i was thinking of welding small plates to these feet so i could then fit my side mounts...
many thanks Nick

Mr GTiR

nimhbk said:
Looking at them this morning i was wondering, if i cut the rails off where they have been welded to the feet, would all four feet be at the same height, as i was thinking of welding small plates to these feet so i could then fit my side mounts...
many thanks Nick
Yes is the answer. I've got a pair of "spare" seat rails from OE seats which I was going to mount some Evo Recaro seats to.

I'll take some pictures of the seat rails tonight to show you what they look like.

Drop me a pm if they are not posted up by the morning as I may forget.

P

pulsarboby

the problem you may have is the width of the bucket seat!
the oe seat rails are quite far apart to accomodate the oe seat, so you will need to make the rail so it comes in further so side mountings can be used, if you have a narrow seat.

Mr GTiR

Yes, Bob is correct so I would keep the orginal rails which the legs are welded to. It's easier to explain once I have posted up a picture.

Braveheart

I have found that most bucket seat on sliding mounts sit too high.
As already mentioned, the OE mounts can be modified to bolt onto the underside of the alloy bracket on the bucket seat.
Here's some picturs of some custom made fixed bucket seat mounts:

nimhbk

(anyone fancie making a driverside one for cash if they have spare parts)
my plan was to just weld a large lip to the original one's...
and then brace them together...pain in the ar*se thou as the welders in Reading want funny money...
and not to fussed on how high, the oringinal one is on it's last legs and makes more noise than the engine