Seat fitment problem

Cathode

Can anyone help please? I've tried google and a search on here but can't find what I'm looking for. Can anyone show me a picture of how the original front seats fit. I have bespoke runners from previous bucket seats which don't match the original runners. I have never seen the original set up. I don't know if I missing parts I.e. Brackets for the runners to attach to the floor pan.

If anyone can school me as to the best thing to do it'd be greatly appreciated

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
Sorry Cathode, my runners were modified to fit the sports seats so they're a hybrid. If no one else has anything better I can take photos

Cathode

Hi camp!

Your runners, are they standard ones made to fit the seats? Plus, do you know if the runners were or are attached to some kind of bracket to fix to the floor pan? I only ask as I can’t fathom why there are no bolt holes or weld marks where the original runners used to be on the floor pan. The holes in the runners don’t match anything. o_O Confused.com

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
My runners were OEM that were adapted to the new seats. My Father in law did the welding as he was a professional. The runners were bolted to the floor as you'd expect, are your runners OEM? It's getting late now but I can take a pic tomorrow and post up

Cathode

I looked at your thread least but couldn’t find what I was looking for.

What I’ve got are standard seats with standard runners. I can see from the gtir online manual that there is a type of beam - for lack of a better word - that runs through the centre console from the passenger to the driver side loot pan. That’s been Removed from my car. Whether it has something to do with how the seats should be fitted, I have no idea. But I’ve cut out the old brackets that were made up for the cobra seats and now it nice and flat in there. So my plan now is to make up my own brackets to fit the original runners to and weld it up and be done with it. I’ll put up a post of what I’ve done later if it’ll let me. Keeps saying the pics are too big.

keastygtir

I looked at your thread least but couldn’t find what I was looking for.

What I’ve got are standard seats with standard runners. I can see from the gtir online manual that there is a type of beam - for lack of a better word - that runs through the centre console from the passenger to the driver side loot pan. That’s been Removed from my car. Whether it has something to do with how the seats should be fitted, I have no idea. But I’ve cut out the old brackets that were made up for the cobra seats and now it nice and flat in there. So my plan now is to make up my own brackets to fit the original runners to and weld it up and be done with it. I’ll put up a post of what I’ve done later if it’ll let me. Keeps saying the pics are too big.
ok great, try image resizer for windows. I have the same issue when uploading

Cathode

Ok keasty , I'll give it a shot

Crickey, looking at my last post I have mastered the ancient art of ty-po

Cathode

No it's ok Camp, iv'e cut out everything from the floor pan, starting from scratch. Getting some rails made up. i'll get them fitted soon. i'll post up some pics when i get there. :)

Cathode

Tell me about it, everything about taking the pulsar back to how it was has been difficult. it was quite modified for track use and some of it has seen better days and needs to go or be changed back to a more standard guise.