Sand blasted my intake mani

stumo

Poor Lad only wanted to show his proud work on here. He might not be as experienced but i still give him credit for trying and showing his work.
that's fair enough Spikey BUT when it's pointed out some of the pitfalls (in a nice way and not slagging the guy at all) and he starts getting lippy what you YOU expect to happen?

Jon Olds

An old story, but sand blasting the steam valve throttles on a big (proper big) steam turbine caused it to run away. The overspeed protection devices failed also.
My comment about 'bravery' was brought on by that 'story' I heard 30 odd years ago, as an apprentice. Except it was for real

Madtec

better to be an immature moron than a Dumberican knobhead with an ego the size of Texas.

You were getting some decent information on here and like most noobz you come back with a shitty attitude. What did you expect to happen?
Informal information is always accepted, not some uneducated low class comments like you just protrayed, so do you have any constructived information on this subject??

Mr B

Would fully strip throttle bodies myself if blast cleaning as stripping coatings off springs ect & extra areas for grit to hide in are not good. Also steel coated fittings need covering to avoid coatings being removed. Done a B6T rocker cover, Plenum & turbo pipe & came out ok but needed good cleaning & then an etching treatment was given to seal the casting surface as sand blasting tends to open the pores & allow moisture ingress & dirt retention thus easy oxidation ... Lasted well, looked better than the black peeling factory coating & easy to clean with a rag damped with WD40 ...

Madtec

Would fully strip throttle bodies myself if blast cleaning as stripping coatings off springs ect & extra areas for grit to hide in are not good. Also steel coated fittings need covering to avoid coatings being removed. Done a B6T rocker cover, Plenum & turbo pipe & came out ok but needed good cleaning & then an etching treatment was given to seal the casting surface as sand blasting tends to open the pores & allow moisture ingress & dirt retention thus easy oxidation ... Lasted well, looked better than the black peeling factory coating & easy to clean with a rag damped with WD40 ...
Interesting....thanks Mr B

red reading

Informal information is always accepted, not some uneducated low class comments like you just protrayed, so do you have any constructived information on this subject??

You were given educated information, you got lippy, so you got abuse. you are nothing more than as stumo said.