S13 Cusco adjustable pillowball topmounts

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
If the 3 bolts on the top of the strut plate are the same pattern and layout and the size of the centre strut bolt is the same I see no reason why they won't fit.

S

Sirnixalot

will the pulsar upper spring perch sit in the s13 mount properly..also is the sperical bearings inner diameter the same diameter as the strut which you intend to put it on....no an S13 strut will not work :wink:

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
I've got a set of coilovers (JIC I think) from a N14 GTi-R, so thats why I was asking the question.

Has a S13 strut got a different diameter rod than a N14 strut then??

S

Sirnixalot

that i dont know for sure...i was never bored enough to try with the set i have....lord knows what im doing with a set of s13 struts

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
I've got the oppertunity to buy the top mounts for about £40-50 so do you think I could MAKE them fit, perhaps change the bearing if I need to. The bit I need to know is will the 3 studs on the top mounts fit the GTi-R

Keira

They look like they will :?

At the end of the day you can always sell them on to 2 an sx owner if they dont

S

Sirnixalot

drill new holes and reenforce the body if they dont line up...if your that desperate to use them. I think i have some RPS13 top mounts...THINK ill have a check, if i do i will see if they line up. You could always put one upside down on yours and see if they do...see if the bolts on each line up

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
You could always put one upside down on yours and see if they do...see if the bolts on each line up
I would if I could but I've not got them yet. What about the issue of diameter of the hole in the bearing, do you think it's a standard size.

Keira

Its hard to tell without comparing the 2 but they look the same.

If you can get a diametre of the internal dimension on the bearing i can check my cusco n14 mounts that are still in the box

going on for a year now :oops:

S

Sirnixalot

let me get this straight

you have a set of s13 mounts for cheap

you also have a set of new N14 mounts practically new....

use the proper part and sell the others

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
No. I have a set of N14 coilovers for my GTi-R and I can get the S13 Pillowball topmounts cheap (I haven't got them yet).

Will the S13 topmounts (the bearing) fit my N14 coilovers and then once fitted to the N14 coilovers will the 3 studs on the mounts fit in the GTi-R suspension turret

S

Sirnixalot

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
i uderstand now :oops:

if you have the coil overs and top mounts off the car why dont you see if they will mate to each other then worry about the bolt pattern?

its no good me checking the spherical bearing diameter on a standard replacment strut and you useing coil overs...they will probably be different

S

Sirnixalot

ohh i get it now

im not sure me finding out if the standard rsp13 struts diameter will help you...most times the coil over shafts are larger indiameter. I can try and find out anyway.

As for the bolt pattern i will find that out at the same time...it should be this evening.

Keira

steve, i've had a look at mine and the inside dim of the bearing is 17/18mm depending on how i read the measure :?

There should be a special nut that slides into the bearing and screws to the top of the damper. Aslong as the thread is the right size really cant see why it wouldn't fit.