Roof lining, sunroof cover and sunroof questions

paz

My quest for a replacement roof lining for my car seems to have some to a successful conclusion - I can get hold of both the roof lining and the sunroof cover - which is nice :lol:

My problem revolves around how the items are fastened into the car - are there any people on here that have done a rally car/stripped car in the past (I'm thinking Nad and I think Skiddus from memory) and can advise me on the best way to remove the lining and sunroof cover without causing any damage.

Also I had a leaky sunroof in the past, if I pick up all the parts from this donor car - is that likely to solve the problem (there seems to be a bit of play/movement in my sunroof, you can push it up a couple of mm when shut) or should I be looking at another solution?

Thanks in advance.

Paz

Websnowbo

I'm not sure about the sunroof...........the roof lining is held up by the grab handles and the sun visor's.

Sun roof panels are usually clips, but you usually have to drop the sunroof out to get em off.

paz

The mirrors as in the sun visors, or am I missing something here? :oops: :lol:

How are the grab handles removed? Is the lining pinned in anyway by plastic clips?

paz

Websnowbo

Mirror's? dont know what ya on about 8)

Erm, there are no clips. The grab handles are held on with screw's at each side.

But, i've just had a dig around in my brain and realised the trim around the A, B and C pillars hold the lining in too.

You can kinda hold em down enough to tuck the roof lining in though. But you will have to remove them to take the one out of the scrapper so you dont damage it.

paz

Last edited by Websnowbo on Mon Aug 16, 2004 9:34 am; edited 1 time in total
:lol: :p :wink:

Ok fella, cheers for the info, I'll have a poke around in my car after and see what I can find out.

Anyone else got any other hints & tips I need to know?

Paz

J

jasegould

Id recommend resticking the roof supports back when the headlining is down as they are a common cause of rattles. Use a thin wedge of wood to open them up and gun some sikaflex etc inbetween the support and the roof.

And with the water laks, the actual sunroof doesnt form a good seal, it will let in water but there are drain chanels in the sunroof housing that allow the water to drain away, if these are blocked then it will overflow into the car

Websnowbo

jasegould said:
And with the water laks, the actual sunroof doesnt form a good seal, it will let in water but there are drain chanels in the sunroof housing that allow the water to drain away, if these are blocked then it will overflow into the car
Thats a good point.

paz

The drains are in place, but appear to have been originally sealed with glue (or similar) and have in places come away from the metal channel.

Can these rubber sections be purchased from Nissan?

The roof has only leaked once whilst I've had the car, and that was when I was washing it on a hill.

paz