Reverse selector seal thing please help

A

Anonymous

Hey all,

Can anyone help me, I am looking for a part number for the seal where the revrse selector goes into the side of the gearbox (passenger side) as mine was leaking a wee bit of oil but now the whole seal has come out leaving a hole in the side of my gearbox. So does anyone know a part no.

Also I'm looking to get a new rubber sleave that sits at the start of the gear selector shaft (dont know what its technical name is) just as it enters the rear of the gearbox.

Anyone know the part numbers for these bits and/or where i can get them, also if you know the proper names for these parts????

Cheers Kev.

J

jasegould

I dont know the numbers but I replaced both these on mr car recently. Just ring Nissan and ask for a gear selector shaft seal and a reverse lamp switch seal...but IIRC the reverse lamp seal only comes with the switch.

A

Anonymous

thanks alot man,

Can you fit these parts yourself and if so how hard is it??, as i only have a basic mechanical knowledge. Also what gearbox oil would you recomend as i've dumped mine in the street.

What does IIRC mean :oops:
Cheers kev.

J

jasegould

IIRC=If I remember correctly :wink: They are reasonably easy to change, the pain bit is draining the gearbox oil but if you have none in there then it makes it easier. To do the selector seal, mark and remove the linkage, use a screwdriver/punch/hammer to "dig " the old seal out, this was quite hard on mine, and then tap the new one evenly into place - just be careful not to muller it. The reverse switch is held in by a 10 mm bolt, I brokw mine taking it out as it was in quite tight, hence I had to get a whole new switch :oops: I used Redline MT90 gearbox oil, from Demontweels, about £10 a litre.....but castrol Syntrax is good aswell i think?