Removing wind deflectors

chrisniss91

Not sure where to put this :?
Anyway i want to remove the wind deflectors of the doors of my R, What problems could occur :?: Are they held on by glue if so what do people use to get it off as they do my head in flapping in the wind :)

A

Anonymous

Your car will be alot worse without them mate! Id say dont bother!

Nick.

A

AZ STE

They arent just glued but stuck with a very strong double sided tape,first remove the clips then warm the deflectors along the whole length with a hair drier take your time or it will bring the paint with the tape :wink:

kevgti-r

i got mine off with a hair dryer. but the glue on the tape had eaten into the paint and i had to get the tops of the doors resprayed.

A

AZ STE

Andy ,
Dont think so as mines noisy at above 80 without any on think its the way the door curves into the roof the wind seems to get behind it

nickg123

Mine were removed when my car was painted, so i guess the paint maybe damaged by removing them......

I think they look quite cool in a way anyway - so personally unless you're getting it sprayed, it's probably not worth the risk in taking them off!

B

bean

I'll have them off you if you don't want them?

Anyone got any going spare?

mattygti-r

hi bean nice to see you on here too as well as the 200sx forum

were these wind defletors standard isssue?

i only ask cos mine above 75 or so is noisey as hell! keep thinking the doors going to fall off or something.....i think i need some..... :roll:

B

bean

Hi Mat, I tend to reside here rather than the 200sx forum nowadays.

I dunno if the defelectors were standard issue but above 80 my car gets noisy, so I want some!!!

mattygti-r

yeah me too bean.....they dont take too kindy after i came off not too bad against Trosses 330bhp 200sx lol....no they are fine

i still go to the meets at teh HWH

but ssshhh id rather have an R than a 200sx

i need wind deflectors also!!!!

A

AZ STE

They were optional extras (Genuine Nissan) Ive got a set think Edd is having them but if he doesnt then they will be up for sale :wink:

B

bean

mattygti-r said:
yeah me too bean.....they dont take too kindy after i came off not too bad against Trosses 330bhp 200sx lol....no they are fine

i still go to the meets at teh HWH

but ssshhh id rather have an R than a 200sx

i need wind deflectors also!!!!
So, it was you the 200sx boys were moaning about! :lol:

The HWH meet is a bit far for me, might turn up one day if I'm in the area.

I'd have my R over a 200sx now, you can't beat the R handling and the stock IC is huge compared to a 2hundy! 8)

mattygti-r

i like the 200sx for what it is and are easly tuned and the s14a is a nice looking car ....however i think the tunabililty of the R, its looks and pain meanness id rather have one and put up with the drab interior and "oh its a micra" attitude.

anyway better not moan to much cos im off round to arry's for him to sort out my thermastat lol....

:D

A

Ash

I pulled the wind deflectors off my old car. They left a lot of double sided tape on the door and on the wind deflector, but they came off without too much trouble.
One thing I did notice is, after buying my new GTI-R without wind deflectors fitted, at speeds of 100km/h (60mph) and higher, the doors would whistle.
After fitting the wind deflectors this problem has since disappeared...completely.
I think they are good, they stop the noise and keep the rain out when you want the window down slightly when its raining.