removing the standard suspension top mount

M

mynheers_a_pint

I'm having a couple of issues, and having used the search function have turned up very little in the way of help with this one. Though i'm certain i'm being foolish in both respects. :oops:

At the moment i am trying to strip down my suspension to fit my new bump stops and dust covers. The front 2 struts(?) have come appart no problem, but the rears are not playing ball. When i try to remove the retaining bolt the inner suspension leg simply spins. I have tried all manor of clamping etc but it really doesn't want to come off. I have a horrible feeling that i need a special tool to remove them but i'm hoping, with the wealth of knowledge avaialbe, that someone might be able to point me in the right direction. I really want to avoid giving it to the garage as it should be something i can do....:doh:

Cheers.

jameswrx2

Have the rears not got flat sides built in the piston like the fronts then? I just used an offset ring spanner on the bolt then put a spanner on the shocks piston.

steve963

steve963 said:
whats a windy gun? did you blast if free with cool air? lol
teach me for taking the piss:doh:

ive got this problem now, had front top mounts undone and refitted with 'windy gun' lol, and still get a rumbling sound:doh: