Removing standard steering wheel

paz

Hi All,

Can someone give me a quick how to on how to remove the standard pulsar steering wheel? I don't really want to damage anything trying to rip it off :doh: :lol:

Cheers

Paz

P

pulsarboby

youll damage your face if you aint carefull lol, 'no im not joking':lol:

loosen the big centre nut, but dont remove it.
get a big bar 'socket extension bar is ideal' and give it a clout with a big hammer, that will break the taper and you will be able to just lift the wheel off.

prior to removal, note the exact position of wheel as it needs to go back in the same position.

sometimes you can just loosen the centre nut and give the wheel a sharp upwards tug and they come loose and thats why i say do not completely remove the nut (i once found out the hard way lol) i pulled the wheel off ok but smacked myself right in the kisser with it and split my lip open which ruined my stunning good looks for life:lol: :lol:

Smo

Push and pull alternately on either side of the wheel (9 and 3 o'clock). You need to get properly rough with it sometimes!

P

pulsarboby

Sunny GTi said:
Is there a way of removing the steering wheel even after the above has failed?

Mine is refusing to come off!

your not using a big enough hammer, it will come off:lol:

Shaun

press with your knee's on the lower half of the wheel and pull with your hands really hard on the top half of the steering wheel

SunOnGTiR

Sunny GTi said:
Is there a way of removing the steering wheel even after the above has failed?

Mine is refusing to come off!
This happened to me.
My mechanic used some metal tripod-like tool to get the steering wheel off:shock:
He put the metal 'grips'/'legs' in place and turned the screw/knob in the middle:?
Pulsarboby probably knows what that tool's called,because I have no idea:oops:

paz

I should have really asked for some tips to put it back on as well :lol:

Mine came off ok in the end, I just twatted the top, bottom, left and right a few times with my hand and it came off fine.

Cheers