removing gtir head

P

pulsarmick

Hi all has anyone git pics of the removal of a gtir head as i would like to know how hard they are to do need help a have been told that there is brakets at the back of the head that are hard to do with the engine in i have been told to take engine out will be easyer :thumbsup:

DannyGTI-R

Taking the engine out is by far the easiest way to get the head off, You can mess around for hours fiddling about getting the inlet manifold off which is a head ache its self.

If you haven't taken the engine out before it should take about 3 - 4 hrs and then when its out you can strip it down so easliy. It is a dam sight easier to do this on a proper car ramp if you can?????

Hope this help...

nismoboy

ive done a hg change with the engine in situ and it was easy tbh, if u know these engines then u wont have a problem the hardest thing is getting the inlet manifold off which aint to bad just remember to unplug the idle control valve etc and undo the coolant pipes that run through the throttlebodies these can bet got at from the right hand side just under the inlet.

P

pulsarboby

nismoboy said:
ive done a hg change with the engine in situ and it was easy tbh, if u know these engines then u wont have a problem the hardest thing is getting the inlet manifold off which aint to bad just remember to unplug the idle control valve etc and undo the coolant pipes that run through the throttlebodies these can bet got at from the right hand side just under the inlet.
you must have little nip hands then lol
ive taken 2 off with engine in situ and it really is a pain to get your hands in!
got another to do shortly, but this time engine will be dropped, definately will be easier and quicker in the long run

P

pulsarmick

Hi all thanxs for the help i was going to take the engine out so that i can modifiy the clutch to and paint the engine up thanxs again for the help :thumbsup:

A

ard1ey

When you do get it out whip the big Y-shaped bracket off the back of the engine before you put it back - makes everything that bit more accessible for next time. Once the inlet manifold is off it's pretty straightforward, and getting the inlet off in car wouldn't be that bad except for the hoses that connect to the idle valve on the cylinder head.

Why oh why did they do that...