Remove lower ball joint

hi guys..
have you got an how to guide to remove the lower ball joint with out demage it?
attend your reply
thanks
bye

O

Odin

What I did with mine was to spray them with plenty of WD40 and then remove the spring clip, I then placed a couple of blocks of wood either side of the ball joint and gave it a sharp tap with a big hammer, It dropped right out easy peasy lol.

You really need a proper press to refit them though or do it carefully with a sturdy vice and a big socket.

Rob

olliecast

i used two sockets and a vice to press them out. Took loads of force though. Just take it gradually and try not to damage the wishbone.
don`t forget sunny gti ones fit aswell. Alot cheaper than some of the gtir ones i got quoted

CanadianR

We use one of these whenever we need to do tie rod end or ball joint work. To date all of the parts we needed to press out have all come out with no damage to them or to the surrounding parts (ie wishbone). I think I got this one at a cheap parts place new for no more than $80 CDN.

CanadianR

As I said before, we got ours from a discount farm place. Any decent auto store should have one I would imagine. I don't know what options you have in Italy though. :\