Relocating Washer Bottle To Boot And Exhaust Help

STEVEN878

FITTED MY FMIC AND HAD TO REMOVE WASHER BOTTLE, BUT THE POLIICE JUST PULLED ME AND GAVE THE CAR THE WINTER CHECK :evil: (IDIOTS) AND FINED ME 30 NOTES FOR NO WATER IN JETS AND TOLD ME MY EXHAUST IS TO LOUD AND HAS TO BE CHANGED. SO DOES ANYONE HAVE A HOW TO ON RELOCATING THE WASHER BOTTLE TO THE BOOT AND AN IDEA ON WHERE TO GET A BAFFLE FOR MY 5ZIGEN 4 INCH SLASH CUT EXHAUST? ANY HELP WOULD BE MUCH APPRECIATED.

stumo

bolt the bottle in the boot.

make the washer pipe longer (long enough to reach the bottle you just bolted in the boot. Any shorter and it won't be long enough).

Make the wires that go to the two motors longer.

Shorten the washer pipe that goes to the rear washer(don't cut it too short etc)

Connect the extended washer pipe to the output of the washer motor

Connect the extended wires to the washer motors

pull (or press) the wiper stalk, hey presto you've got working washers.

fit neons at same time for more effect.

STEVEN878

Yeah But Where Do You Run The Wires And Pipes From The Front Of The Car To The Rear? I.e Drill Holes And Run Them Internally Or Under The Car Externally?

STEVEN878

do you mean lift the carpet and run them down that way? and do i need to drill holes through the bulk head or anything? how long does this take to do roughly?

STEVEN878

fire & skill i spoke to you ant knock hill about doing this if you remember my pulsar is from calder motor company. but didnt quite understand how to run all the wires and pipes.

JU5TY

Remove the drivers side wheel arch trim and you'll see where the stock rear washer pipe/wires go into the foot well, there is no need to drill holes.

Fire & skill

Vintage member
alright mate! didn't realise it was yourself,

iirc mate, you take the front drivers side wheel off, remove the splash guard - you will see the plug that used to connect to the washer bottle, there is a way in to the car from that bit, just under the inside of the wing - you should feel a big rubber grommet which will lead under the dashboard, once you get a cable in there its pretty much hidden under trim - the door treadplate etc, its easy to get the cable to the back from there.

the hoses:

you need to fit a straight connecter on to the two hoses under the wing (this now becomes the hose to the front windscreen), you need to cut the hose at the back somewhere - this will now split between the front and rear spray hoses.

if you've any problems just swing by and i'll give you a hand

J

jpward

What bore is the standard hose? and length when you fit it mate?

B

Beachsleeper

Ive just done mine, but i used a kit car bottle in the boot.

If you need a plug for your pipe, I have one in the shed if you want it, just cover the postage.:-D