Recommend me a headunit

GTiRlover

As above, I am looking for a good headunit that is reasonably priced and looks nice. I'm not really in touch with the car audio world hence my asking...

Thanks

R

riske

Depends if you just use cd's or into ipod or sd card or bluetooth or dvd's. Your best off getting one with everything. Dont do Cd's mate cos they are old and shit storage capacity compared to mp3. Not that expensive although it has been known for a long time that Alpine are very very good. but again depends on speakers etc. Go to halfords spend 150squid on one and you'll be fine.

gtir_pimp

have a look on here. . . http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/home.html

i got my sony head unit with usb port,cd,radio and other functions for £79.99 at the end of 2006 when it was the 2007 model. in halfords and other places its still more than that i think, last time i looked. so they are great on price. 2 showrooms in london and hayes.

GTiR-Aholic

I got one called "Pulsar" off eBaY.. made my company called xenon i think. It's china made, but brilliant!

DVD Player (Multi-region :p )
Bluetooth - connects to my phone when I got a call or make calls from the screen and plays through my speakers or my mobile (lets me choose).
MP3 Player
Radio
Remote Control
TV - Out
Parking Sensor Out (need sensor addon)
Reverse Camera Out (need camera addon)

It's £129.99 delivered i think, took about a week.. I paid £180 for mine to come with a 17" widescreen .. fitted the unit and screen in my jeep :p

Garef

Give us a budget and I'll do a search for you, list your best options.

Empty your inbox as well.

gtir_pimp

I got one called "Pulsar" off eBaY.. made my company called xenon i think. It's china made, but brilliant!

Bluetooth - connects to my phone when I got a call or make calls from the screen and plays through my speakers or my mobile (lets me choose).
MP3 Player
Radio
Remote Control
TV - Out

It's £129.99 delivered i think, took about a week.. I paid £180 for mine to come with a 17" widescreen .. fitted the unit and screen in my jeep :p
that sounds fooking brilliant! you got a link?

vss irvine

MP3 Player
Radio
Remote Control
TV - Out

ive £10 on it lasting 4 months, any advance on 4 month?

GTiRlover

riske- the headunit is not for me but it would be good if it had Ipod connectivity and bluetooth capabilities or just as many functions as possible really.

gtir_pimp- thanks for the link I'll check it out. It may be better like you say waiting until the new year when this years models become old stock and are being sold at a discount in the sales. I'll keep my fingers crossed!

GTiR-Aholic- that sounds like you got a cracking deal but all those functions are not really needed. I bet it could probably drive the car for you too...

Garef- the budget is around £100 or so. My inbox is now clear too.

Thanks

Braveheart

I will give the head unit 6 months.... just don't try to use all the input / outputs!
I use a set of radio headphones purchased from Shell service station for £3.99. Sound great, lasted 18 months and still going strong. Any other unit would be a waist as I can't hear anything above the exhaust through my stripped interior.