Raising the compression?

R

riske

As i said, i can say your fork will go, its the next link in the chain mate. Sorry its going to happen.

Godzilla

new update think the new master i got is not as good as the one i took off as its leaking like mad all over the steering tunel and footwell , i put it in reverse and never moved as was kjust checking the gears and de-selected gear and let go of clutch then a couple of secs after it tried to go backwards and stalled so i guess it never disengaged properly ,looks like the master is coming out again before the dreaded gearbox out job,

P

pulsarboby

i know that was a good one which was sent out as i literally took off of the car weve got in which was all driving good, i even inspected it under the seal cover to make sure there were no leaks or weeps on it as i didnt want you to do the job again.
only thing i can assume is that its been damaged either by the heat transfered through welding or something.
if you just pay for the delivery then il get another posted out to you tomorrow
hows that?

205 GTi-R

Pulsar and Primera Diffs the same?

Im after a lsd for my pulsar motor, which has a P10 gt gearbox fitted (the chassis is not pulsar nor designed for the road hence the combo)

I cannot for the life of me find a LSD for the Primera except the Quaife diff. However i have just seen a Nismo lsd which apparently fits both N14 pulsar and P10 Primera.

Are they the same dimensions then and can i run pulsar deisgned diff in a Primera Gearbox?

All help appreciated!:thumbsup:

boost

whats needed

hi guys,

ive stripped my car.. engines split.. and been sent off to be rebuilt..

what should i get done to my gearbox and transferbox..

im going to get a decent gear set in the box.. but want to know the comman faults..

oww also uprated fork im going to get fabricated or just welded..

if you can give me details of where to get the gearbox work done that would be good.. not unless quaife do it in house..

thanks keith

antopulsar

quaife do it in house mate when i spoke to them at autosport they said they could do it for the customer for around £250 extra and would replace all components to new ones (nuts bolts washers etc)

boost

thats good to hear then guys. thanks.. ill send my box off to be done then.. hopefully the dont take to long but my engines going to take some time..

boost

from experiance, i was thinking that when uping the power it might be an idea to change the final drive on the gearbox to drop the revs when crusing to save money on fuel.. if u get what i mean. do you know anyone who has done this with success? im going to ask the question to qualife but wondered if anyone knew..

thanks guys

steve963

Gearbox removal, paint tips needed?

Spent 7 hours removing box with the engine in method (know why its called the bastard bolt now:doh:)

needed to check the clutch fork, as pedal feels weird and cant get it into gear

anyway clutch fork looks brand new:doh: did notice the release bearing was a bit sticky on the shaft as the grease had dust stuck to it, but i dont think this is the problem

so think i wasted my time doing this:doh:

so while box is off gonna paint it, to make some good out of this sorry story

How do I clean the box and whats the best paint to use?