Racing the Pulsar

bracpan

Dropped it down to £8995 now, if it still doesn't sell will have to seriously think of braking it.....and thats such a sad thought after all the work I put into it.

bracpan

£8500 for January only... with a choice of wheels and tyres and one spare standard Gear/box...believe me for a championship winning car its a bloody bargain...forgot to say i would tax the car for 6 months too

Last edited:

bracpan

£8500 is the lowest I can go unless I start removing parts from the car....I cant belive people are still building cars to compete when this is a much cheaper option and a provan car....with all the mods needed, Forged engine, PAR box, 3 x LSD's, Suspension and brakes all modified and in a shell with NO rust at all.......

vpulsar

£8500 is the lowest I can go unless I start removing parts from the car....I cant belive people are still building cars to compete when this is a much cheaper option and a provan car....with all the mods needed, Forged engine, PAR box, 3 x LSD's, Suspension and brakes all modified and in a shell with NO rust at all.......

It amazes me to mate, I can't believe this hasn't sold yet. It would cost a hell of a lot more money to build something as competitive as this car.

The only thing I think is that people actually like to build there own cars rather than buy someone else's winning car.

Rob

STU666V

Still think this is a bargain for someone.

If I bought it, it would just get broken for parts but I have most of my parts now and the car is not what I was looking to build.
But its an ideal track/sprint car.

Good luck with the sale. Should go in the spring.

bracpan

Thanks Stu, I'm really hoping so as I will be starting the next car soon....now that one is a real challenge.
Rob I know what you mean and agree about building there own, I know my Pulsar can be taken even further if needed and would also pass on my plans to make it even quicker for the future owner and stay in the Production class or move on to the Mod Prod class.

bracpan

At least I can make a start on the other car next month thanks to the help of a few good friends on here. The Pulsar is still for sale at £8500 and its staying at that until it goes. I will probably sell off a lot of the spares, wheels & tyres and other bits and bobs to get some money in. Also have plenty of old race Mini spares to sort out and sell.... and will buy some extra Lottey tickest each week..lol It is tempting but I will not race the Pulsar again before I sell it...

STU666V

It's good that your getting a start with your new car phil.

Sent me a pm or email with info on your car and some pictures and I will send it to a few people.

bracpan

I cant really break this car after spending years of time and money building it, if someone else bought it for £8500 they could make good money doing just that....Could keep what they needed if it was just a road car, or visa versa turn it into a full non road legal race car.

bracpan

I will be putting together a list of all the parts & prices, but I will have to have seroius interest before I actually start to brake the car....

bracpan

Thanks Slunch, Its so sad when the only way we can move these cars on is to break them up, its total bloody madness. The price I am asking would not buy all the parts at half price no matter full...If some one is actually building a car to compete in and thinks thy can do it for less then Im selling it for please tell me your secret ?

Slunch

I don't get it. If you were selling a Ford or a Lancia you'd have priced it about right for a shell. Compared to what your selling mines a shopping trolley, it always will be, and it must be into me for around the low teens. I reckon it would probably take at least another 10 K to get in the ballpark. I do find it especially sad that the 9 years of history on this thread is ending as spare parts and scrap.

bracpan

Yes not only a class winner but 9th overall in the Midland Championship no road car in any class was in front of me, and anybody that knows anything about Hill climbs that is one of the top National Championships run on the 3 big National Hill Climbs....Yes it is very very sad as I would have loved to have seen the car go on to achieve more and hopefully helped the new owner.
I am regretably preparing a list as we speak...

bracpan

I run a PAR professionaly built with billet 3rd/4th selector....good strong box. God just realised where your from as well....dread to think of the cost of getting that to you.