Racing the Pulsar

gtircrazy

I bought a rear hatch of you awhile back and Matt who was moving over here got it in a container for me. So there is a bit of your gear in NZ already mate!!! Hahahaha

How much would you want for it dare i ask? I've being trying to get my hands on a good second hand aftermarket box for sometime.

gtircrazy

I can arrange fright through my business, courier will come to your door and pick up the item, cost me around $600 NZD to get a bunch of gear over here last time from Manchester of Billy.

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Without any intention to disrupt the sale; wouldn't it be easier to get PAR internals from Australia to NZ rather than the UK? - Or only if you were buying new?

I really hope this car doesn't get broken, but it does seem like that's the only way Phil is going to shift it. I suppose it's just a sad reality.

vpulsar

but it does seem like that's the only way Phil is going to shift it. I suppose it's just a sad reality.

It's a shocking state of affairs when a winning mint condition car like this can't find a new owner, I've just spent 5k just on a new turbo and gearbox for my new car so what Phil is asking is a bloody bargain. My car is going to be a road car and is very focused on looking as standard as pos so Phil's car wouldn't of suited me but there must be a lot of guys wanting to do track days & sprints who should of snapped this up long ago.

Rob

gtircrazy

Without any intention to disrupt the sale; wouldn't it be easier to get PAR internals from Australia to NZ rather than the UK? - Or only if you were buying new?

I really hope this car doesn't get broken, but it does seem like that's the only way Phil is going to shift it. I suppose it's just a sad reality.
I'd hope it will be cheaper to get a full assembled box second hand from the Uk than buying the new gear set and assembling it in NZ. :)

I agree it is a sad day that we have to part our GTIR's to move them but it is a sharp reality these days.

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
I'd hope it will be cheaper to get a full assembled box second hand from the Uk than buying the new gear set and assembling it in NZ. :)
You're probably right.

I suppose it's like suggesting people in the UK buy their parts from Russia rather than Japan (because that's about the same ~5000km distance as Sydney to Auckland). - It's far enough already that it doesn't make a whole lot of difference; it still needs to go in a container.

gtircrazy

You're probably right.

I suppose it's like suggesting people in the UK buy their parts from Russia rather than Japan (because that's about the same ~5000km distance as Sydney to Auckland). - It's far enough already that it doesn't make a whole lot of difference; it still needs to go in a container.
Yeah i've bought over a lot of stuff from the UK as we just do not have access to it here, and if we do it is so over priced new it is always cheaper to bring it in from oversea's anyway.

The British pound to NZD conversion is nasty but most of the time it still works out. 2,000 pound is around $4,050 NZD and our pay rates are very similar. :)

bracpan

The car is in the for sale section under "Road Legal Competition Pulsar" complete with a list of all the parts etc..if anybody is interested in the full car or parts please pm me, I will have to have people interested in all the major parts of the car before I consider breaking it.....There will also be extra spares, panels and wheels/tyres available.

bracpan

Is it me or is Top Gear turning into a totaly sh*t programe.....but its nice to know in my 21 year old hatch back I can drive up Shelsley 4 seconds quicker than the Stig...in the Wet & 7seconds in the Dry. So who said Pulsars were old hat ? Even when it was standard I was a dam site quiker..
Plus Hammond could never roll the car on that corner coming down the hill and if he did manage to do the imposible, would have been in hospital without a helmet on, ,,,totaly made up cr*p...

vpulsar

Is it me or is Top Gear turning into a totaly sh*t programe.....but its nice to know in my 21 year old hatch back I can drive up Shelsley 4 seconds quicker than the Stig...in the Wet & 7seconds in the Dry. So who said Pulsars were old hat ? Even when it was standard I was a dam site quiker..
Plus Hammond could never roll the car on that corner coming down the hill and if he did manage to do the imposible, would have been in hospital without a helmet on, ,,,totaly made up cr*p...
Yeah I agree it was shite tonight, There wasn't anything of any interest what's so ever really.

Rob

bracpan

Things are progressing with the next car, had a meeting with the Chassis builder this week and we should make a start soon, its going to try a few new things in the design and construction so will probaly take a season or so to get it all sorted but should be fun....still have to sell the Pulsar to complete the project.