R not going into gear

gunmetalgtir

Sometimes my R wont go into gear, normally after about 5mins of driving it. However when I jump into the car first thing in the morning its fine.
When I stop at traffic lights and put the clutch down its as if the clutch isnt dissengaging properly, the car still pulls foward with the clutch down and if I put my foot on the brakes the revs just fall and it stalls, as if I'm slowly lifting the clutch.
I've just had a rps street max clutch fitted and its already got a clutch support bracket. It only started doing this about a week after I got the clutch fitted.
Anyone got any ideas of what could be the problem? At first I thought it might be the bushes on the gear selector, but would that not cause it not to go into gear all the time? As its only doing it once I've been out in the car for a few minutes.

gunmetalgtir

The pedals been adjusted as well, still got the same problem! Its doing ma head it as it only happens sometimes, and other times it'll go into gear no probs!! Help ppl!! :( :( :(

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
Sounds like the clutch slave is on it's way out mate.

Check the colour and condition of the fluid in the clutch res.

gunmetalgtir

Fluids totally black mate, the cars going in on saturday to get the seals changed on the slave and master cylinders, so do you think that this'll sort the problem then?

gunmetalgtir

Thanks a lot mate! :D Hopefully it'll be sorted by saturday then! Oh and steve, cheers for sending me that clutch support bracket out!! :D