Quaiffe Question?

Sweeny

Just wondering if anybody knows what bhp/trq the Quaiffe gearset can handle.

And would an OS Giken be too harsh for it?

Cheers.

James.

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
350bhp has been quoted on the forum as all Quaiffe will gaurantee it to. Might be worth asking Quaiffe themselves.

skiddusmarkus

They quote low figures on a lot of their boxes.Some examples:

Ford Rocket Clubman Synchro-190bhp/7500rpm
Ford Rocket Heavy Duty Synchro-275bhp

Because the gearbox comes out of the side of our engine,it's limited in length so less room inside box and thinner cogs,so weaker than say a RWD car which can have a longer box due to it exiting at the rear.

Sweeny

Im glad someone has said there good for more than 350bhp coz im running 404bhp on high boost, and ive just bought one from Hiteq.

Do you think it will be alright for me to put a OS Giken clutch on it or will it be too harsh & rip it to bits.

I currently have an AP/Helix paddle, would i be better puttin this onto the Quaife instead.

Cheers.

James.

skiddusmarkus

There's a few running the OS Giken on that box at the moment.I'm thinking of getting one of the Clutchmaster twin plates.They're a bit cheaper(about £600) than the OS(£800-1000) and you can have organic plates so not as harsh on the transmission.That's what Bruce Spence has just bought,so I'll see what he thinks of it before I make my mind up.

S

stuart rawlinson

Im running a OS Giken with the Quaife box

Ran a OS Giken first time round on a standard box :( it striped the main shaft clean

Stu

E

Edd

I'll be running an Os giken twin plate and a quaiffe box with about 399bhp :wink: :twisted:

Just to say i've seen the quaiffe gears next to another well know gearset.
The well known gearset was rated to 650bhp. Judging by design and the chunkyness of the quaiffe it should be rated to 2000bhp judging by the other gearset's bhp limit :wink: :wink:

350bhp is just a safety margin so quiaffe don't get returns from us high pwoer people braking them, but so far i've heard of no problems