Quaife rattle too much

Thor

Hi!

my quaife box rattle too much if is cold and now we have disassembled it but don´t found an issue. Only a part of a broken sychronring we had found. Has anybody an idea what makes these rattle?

Regards
Sascha

MarkTurbo

How many miles has it done since it was built and what condition were the bearings in when you took it apart?

Thor

The bearings looks great and have no play! I use an Sachs sinter twin plate clutch. The box has arround 5000 km done by me and before another user from uk but he told me that has 2000 miles done. But If is real so i don´t know....

red reading

What oil was in the gearbox too, sounds like you had the rattle from the solid centre clutch on a large tooth gear set, I have heard mine and others do it as well, quaife seem to do it more than others for some reason.

red reading

Are you using a standard final drive in the gearbox? If so check 2nd gear on the shaft as they have been known pic up and rattle and whine.

Thor

I have the Silkolene PRO SRG 75 in it.

Here you can here it:

[video]http://s624.photobucket.com/albums/tt328/thor77_2009/?action=view&current=VID_20120608_150607.mp4[/video]

Good question but i don´t can tell you if it is the standard final drive. I had mean that was complete quaife?

Thor

The tick was the valves / guides and the rattle is the gearbox! believe me ;-)

Ok than i have the Std final drive in it...

zia

Gearbox bearing rattle at idle? Carn't hear damn thing over tapperty tap Rattle.I'd want a pair of good ear plugs with that engine. :).i am amazed you can define it as coming from the gearbox

Zia