Quaife gearbox rebuild

boost

Hey guys,

Asking for your opinions on wheres the best place to get my gearbox sent to have a gearset put in?

thanks guys n girls

ashills

dont send it to bernie at cts any local trusted gearbox builder should be fine
or send it back to quaife they can fit them to the gearcase

ashills

personal experience of a box packing up after couple of thousand miles due to him not putting an oil feed tube in then getting charged half the price again to be rebuilt plus others boxes he has left the feed tube out of

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
"Pete gears" did mine in Southport. Passed on the dealer discount staright to me. Sourced all the standard bits from the local Nissan dealer and put it together.. twice as he wasn't happy with the modifications advised by Quiafe to make it fit so re-machined it and built it back again. Bloke is well known in cossie circles I believe. Off hand it was about £2.2K for the lot including parts and he only charged me once for the build.

let me know if you want the number,

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
Just checked, G.E.A.R.S. is the company name, Peter is the main guy there but the lad who works with him is very good and reconned my rear diff.

Phone number is 01704 535760. Wayne from the GTIROC also used him and he'd been recommended him by someone else locally. I don't know where you live but for people in the NW its a great option.

Cheers,
Jim