Pulsar GTir RNN14 crankshaft change

Pulsar-GTir

Hi Guys,

I have a Pulsar GTiR and we've just stripped the engine. The crankshaft looks pretty bad and Im not sure what to do.
Should I take it to machine shop or I need to source a new one. There are plenty of SR20DET engine out-here and I was wondering if I can use one one those crankshafts if I find a good looking used one. Is there any difference between S14 SR20DET crankshaft and RNN14 crank? I've heard that GTir cranks are heavier.
Im in the UK. How much does the machine work usually cost?
Has anyone done similar job to their Pulsar engine?

Thanks

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Gtir crankshaft has 19mm wide big end bearings and bigger flywheel bolts.
The others have 17mm big end bearings and smaller flywheel bolts.
I don't know if there's anything else or if you can get away with using another crank with mods.

Cathode

Hi Guys,

I have a Pulsar GTiR and we've just stripped the engine. The crankshaft looks pretty bad and Im not sure what to do.
Should I take it to machine shop or I need to source a new one. There are plenty of SR20DET engine out-here and I was wondering if I can use one one those crankshafts if I find a good looking used one. Is there any difference between S14 SR20DET crankshaft and RNN14 crank? I've heard that GTir cranks are heavier.
Im in the UK. How much does the machine work usually cost?
Has anyone done similar job to their Pulsar engine?

Thanks
i'd get a quote on how much it'll cost to get it machined/polished and balanced before considering an alternative, but that's just my opinion.

Pulsar-GTir

Thanks guys. I've been here locally and they quoted me £230 to regrind. I also googled it and I've found something quite interesting here:
https://shop.zedperformance.co.uk/180sx-200sx-s13-s14-pulsar-sr20det-crankshaft
I can choose "Pulsar GTir" option and they also mention that the crank has bigger flywheel bolts.
Has anyone ordered from them or does anyone know what should I expect a 4CW crankshaft? It seems a lot lighter than my 8CW crank.
How would my torque change?