pulleys

davey red.r

hioln thrds uhjtre lopfes dwaqs hytmuv. htrfdes kimgtr, lol got them on mine mate didnt realy see any difference mate,;-)

youngsyp

tenfoloten said:
this kit has got A/C or not?
No, this kit doesn't have the A/C compressor pulley. It just has: 1 x Alternator pulley, 1 x Crankshaft pulley, and 1 x Water pump pulley !

O

Odin

youngsyp said:
No, this kit doesn't have the A/C compressor pulley. It just has: 1 x Alternator pulley, 1 x Crankshaft pulley, and 1 x Water pump pulley !

:doh: :shock: , What would be the point of buying anything like these things if you still have the big heavy air con system still fitted :? :der:

Rob

O

Odin

This must of been a candidate for mong question of the month surely :doh: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .

Rob

youngsyp

Odin said:
:doh: :shock: , What would be the point of buying anything like these things if you still have the big heavy air con system still fitted :? :der:

Rob
It doesn't come with a power steering pulley either !

In theory though, it should still improve things as, you are reducing the mass of the rotating parts. Plus, with the A/C off, the compressor would cause little drag..... certainly less than the alternator would.
However, I read a post from a guy who had these fitted and said, he couldn't feel any difference ! Not sure if he still had A/C fitted or not though ?!
Anyway, that post certainly put me off buying a set !

O

Odin

To be honest I didn't notice f*ck all difference when I fitted my forge pulley kit.

Rob

the a/c isn't on a crank pulley?
in italy a lot of gti-r hasn't got the a/c..
my hasn't got it.
and i want a pulley without a/c guide

Keira

the ac belt is also the alternator belt when ac is fitted, you have to have the crank pulley as it is, otherwise your alternator wont work

how many way has got crank pulley with ac?
how many way has got crank pulley without ac?

have you got a pics o pulley with ac way?

O

Odin

tenfoloten said:
what pulley has got ac way for ac belt?

The crank shaft pulley bit that runs the air con also runs the alternator, so what ever pulley you replace it with will need to be the same design.

Rob