Puddle of gearbox oil

Tim

Doh ... so i knew this was going to need replacing as the seal was v.slowly seeping some oil out. But after 700 miles it's got alot worse, and after a week of being stood i now have a pool of gearbox oil under the car.

Now i assume it's a pretty straight forward job to replace the seal..? can anyone shed any light?!

Also .. if anyone can identify what part it is i require and perhaps give me a part number to order from that would be great.. It's the passenger side of the car.

Cheers

Tim

I've just done both gearbox oil seals and transfer box seals as mine was leaking quite bad! I can't help you with part numbers as i've thrown the packets away but if you ring nissan up they will tell you. Is it the gearbox to transfer box oil seal or gearbox to driveshaft? If its the driveshaft one thats a piece of piss to fit, just take your driveshaft off disconnecting the 6 bolts and the rest of the shaft will just pop straight out (with a big bar anyway) and your seal is there! If its the other one then its the transfer box out i'm afraid! It took me about 4 hours to do them!
Hope that helps

Tim

It's where the passenger drive shaft enters the gearbox by the looks of things.. I'll call Nissan tomorrow, and ask for the part.

How much did you pay for them?

Just waiting on borrowing some tools, need a deep 32 mm socket and breaker bar, etc?