procedure compression test

Keira

not sure but think i put it in who too´s, if not use yahoo or similar search and you´ll find it

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Normally you warm the engine up, then pull a plug, put the compression tester in and disconnect the ignition, then turn the engine over with the throttle wide open and repeat for all cylinders.
Not sure if you need to disconnect the injectors when you do it on our car or not, anyone confirm??

A

ard1ey

Probably best to pull the fuel pump fuse to avoid flooding the cylinders.

C

chris-b

as fastguy says. pulll all four spark plug leads off though. somepeople remove fuel pump fuse as mentioned. also do it cold and hot really as temperature changes sealing properties and thus changes readings!
some people dont hold throttle wide open, some do- best to hold it wide open :wink:

Dooie Pop Pop

had a search round, nothing in the how too's did find a few posts. but if you can read the instructions on the packet its dead easy :D

so other than pullin the fuel pump fuse and takin off coil lead thats:

test it hot and cold@ wot with the other 3 plugs in and the injectors unplugged:wink: anything else? im gonna test mine in the morning

wanted to add, R called J mate, you suggest that you should do the test with all the plugs out :? evryone else and halfords agree :shock: that its best done with the other 3 plugs in.

can someone explain why please?

cheers stu,

Dooie Pop Pop

Jamz said:
Probably best to pull the fuel pump fuse to avoid flooding the cylinders.
Or leave the imobiliser on :wink:
how do i turn the engine over? harsh language?

TURNOVERNOWYAFUKCINLAZYARSEDBASTIDORILLFILLYAINYASHITTYLITTLEPLICK! :lol:

:oops: just finished work, sarky mode sorry, my immobiliser wont allow that :wink:

J

Jamz

Oooooo.....k........... :roll:

My car, when immobilised, disables the fuel pump. The car will quite happily turn over all day long until the battery dies but will never start.