Problems with de-limiting...

GTiRlover

Okay I am posting because I have absolutely no idea how to stop the limiter kicking in on my car. I have 2 'de-limiters' in there at present at it hasn't solved much. I have a de-limiter that fits in behind the speedo (doesn't work) and recently purchased a HKS SLD which connects to the ECU (same problem).

The car cuts out at 6,500rpm in fourth and at 130mph in 5th gear. The fuelling has been checked on a wideband and was spot on, it ran richer the higher the rpm... Which leads me to believe it can't be the det sensor because the engine is getting enough fuel... The other strange thing is sometimes the car doesn't cut out at the above speeds, very occasionally mind.

Have any of you any ideas as to what might be holding the car back? I have IK27 spark plugs, new dizzy, rotor arm and HT leads from Nissan. Running V-Power as I always do...

oap-r

I love Rob xxx
GTiRlover said:
Okay I am posting because I have absolutely no idea how to stop the limiter kicking in on my car. I have 2 'de-limiters' in there at present at it hasn't solved much. I have a de-limiter that fits in behind the speedo (doesn't work) and recently purchased a HKS SLD which connects to the ECU (same problem).

The car cuts out at 6,500rpm in fourth and at 130mph in 5th gear. The fuelling has been checked on a wideband and was spot on, it ran richer the higher the rpm... Which leads me to believe it can't be the det sensor because the engine is getting enough fuel... The other strange thing is sometimes the car doesn't cut out at the above speeds, very occasionally mind.

Have any of you any ideas as to what might be holding the car back? I have IK27 spark plugs, new dizzy, rotor arm and HT leads from Nissan. Running V-Power as I always do...

Get an auto-electrician to take out the known defective de-limiter and check the wiring is ok.Then get him to ensure that the HKS SLD is fitted and working correctly.

abyss

this might be a stupid question but if you can only get 130mph in 5th you sure you don't have an RB close ratio box fitted hence you can't go above 130. As they top out at 123mph but with speedo error it would read around 130. In my car i can hit my limiter in 4th at 6,000rpm.

GTiRlover

oap-r, both the 'de-limiters' have been wired up correctly. I even kinda helped with the HKS SLD and know it is A ok...

abyss, I have a brand new box from Nissan and am 100% that it isn't an RB. Also it doesn't bounce off the limiter like it would in 1st, 2nd or 3rd. All power simply dies:(

Fusion Ed

Pin 32 is the speed sensor to the ECU. One way to see what is going on would be to view this signal when trying replicate this fault, and see what is going on. There are a few ways to do this, such as reading the data from the ecu or using an oscilloscope or such test gear. IT may be a result of other factors as well. I have come across a similar problem on an old pulsar, and the owner changed the clocks and it went away. I cant say why as I never had a chance to look into it.

GTiRlover

Braveheart, thanks for link. It was useful to know my car isn't the only one with annoying niggles...

Micra Ed, I'm going to have the car checked for any fault codes before I do anything.

ashills, how does changing the clocks solve the problem of the car cutting out at high rpm? Would it have something to do with the clocks sending a signal to the ECU regardless of the delimiters being wired in?

Thanks for the replies:)

Fusion Ed

It was ashills car that had the problem with the clocks. He changed them it went away. I never had the time to look and to see why this happened.

GTiRlover

low612, I am having trouble with the rev limit before the redline/ limiter in 4th and 5th gear. I can't get the car to rev over 6,500rpm in 4th or around 6,000rpm in 5th (I think this is the correct revs for 130mph in 5th- somebody correct me if I am wrong...).

Micra Ed, huh. That sure is strange:lol: I am gonna have another look at the wiring of the HKS SLD to see if that proves fruitful. Then I will have the car tested for any fault codes. I would rather do it this way because I dont really want to have to spend any more money on de-limiting the car. If that fails I will look into replacing the clocks...

All the help is much appreciated guys;)

snoon

Mine was doing this. Dropped it off at my Tuners (John Noble in Chesterfied) picked it up an hour later - de-limited. Cost me £70 + vat tho!

low612

GTiRlover said:
low612, I am having trouble with the rev limit before the redline/ limiter in 4th and 5th gear. I can't get the car to rev over 6,500rpm in 4th or around 6,000rpm in 5th (I think this is the correct revs for 130mph in 5th- somebody correct me if I am wrong...).

This sounds about right considering the gear ratio. I still need to delimit my R . In my B13 sentra se-r with R motor i would hit 6500rpm , speedo pegged 150mph.

www.sr20forum.com

Last edited:

GTiRlover

low612, thanks for the link to the sr20 forum:D I'll post up in there and hopefully get the answer I am looking for...:)