power steering rack

DanDud

Iv never done one myself, or know anyone that has for that matter but by looking at the car i would say it will not be a simple job unless youv done it before or have someone with you who has.

I could be wrong though.

stumo

DanDud said:
Iv never done one myself, or know anyone that has for that matter but by looking at the car i would say it will not be a simple job unless youv done it before or have someone with you who has.

I could be wrong though.
EH? WTF????:doh:

DanDud

stumo said:
EH? WTF????:doh:
Iv had a shit night dude, coupled with a lot of beers so im not really clued up on what im saying and im not in a great mood.

Basically in my opinion replacing the rack is do-able but will be a pain in the **** due to lack of space. Bur iv never done 1 so i could be wrong!

stumo

Iv had a shit night dude, coupled with a lot of beers so im not really clued up on what im saying and im not in a great mood.
Awww diddums

Basically in my opinion replacing the rack is do-able but will be a pain in the **** due to lack of space. Bur iv never done 1 so i could be wrong!
so it could be easy or it could be hard? like i said EH? WTF???

Mr GTiR

It can be done with the engine in situ. What I would do is drop the engine forward by undoing the o/s engine mount and the n/s/r gear box mount. Have the engine supported and get the rack from underneath. You may want to disconnect the prop shaft and front pipe to drop the whole steering rack.