Power FC Boost controller kit sensor part number

Trondelond

Turns out that the boost sensor that comes with the PFC's controller kit doesn't like temperatures below -20C, so I'm going to need a replacement.

Anyone have one lying about they can get the part number off? I don't want to go outside to screw it off, it's freezing. :p

stumo

Ok, i've found one.

all the numbers on the boost sensor...

DPS-310-200A
949940-6270
5V

Trondelond

Thanks guys, will see if this helps.
I've been talking to Nengun, and they started confusing themselves during the emailing back and forth. This made me somewhat unsure, so I thought it better to double check.

I've actually got the box for the kit here at home, but I can't find the manual that came with it.

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
The boost sensor is just a 0-5V 3 Bar boost sensor. Probably any would work.

Sasha and I used a 0-5V 4Bar sensor on his. It still worked but 2.0Bar became 1.4Bar as the calibration was different.

I use a 3 bar sensor on mine but take the reading before the intercooler. I'd previously had a gauge at the inlet manifold and it showed the 0.1bar drop across the system.

I can't be certain as its sooo long ago but I think my boost sensor is just a rewired OEM sensor. If I go out to the car later I'll take a look

Trip

Most probably its a GM type 3 BAR map sensor. I am using one to supply a boost reading for my PLX.

Trondelond

For future reference, the part number is 499-X001.

And it looks like this (the writing on it corresponds with Stumo's findings) :