Power and durability records

c20ona

Venue: Edinburgh (work done at home)
Bhp:245
Boost:stock 9psi
Mods:top mount oil cooler, norris d stage 2 front mount, blitz sus filter,
hks fuel comp/de-limter/plugs/downpipe/timer, greedy profec b, scorpion full system, atmo d/v, luminition leads, hispec 4pots (320 ft / 310 r),group N fuel pump,nismo 850kg clutch + on there way - uprated ecu,manifold, water injection (already bought).also full serv every yr etc.
Mileage covered with mods: 4k (since purchase 4yrs ago infact).
Problems due to mods:none, never driven it enough !.
Driving style(fast road, track etc): when not in the drive way, fairly girlie infact, sorry. :oops:

A

Anonymous

Venue- Powerstation
BHP-296
Boost-1 bar
Mods- HKS SPF,Full decat mongoose system, PS roller bearing turbo, Blitz SBC-ID boost control, Forge Dump valve, Oragnic clutch, Tomei gearshift, TMIC
Milage with mods- 20,000 miles
No problems
Future mods, Fuel pump, SAFC, 1.1 bar

A

Allan GTI-R

mmmgtir said:
It's an awesome car, just pity it ain't a GTI-R :(

Richard
not even close - someone needs to have a word about those badges and that bonnet.

O

one Gti-R

Allan GTI-R said:
mmmgtir said:
It's an awesome car, just pity it ain't a GTI-R :(

Richard
not even close - someone needs to have a word about those badges and that bonnet.
Its not a GTI-R nut it did come out with the SR20DET engine stock and it is an AWD wagon. I came across these the other day if I don't get a Stages This is running a close second. I like em.

A

Anonymous

robinsongtir said:
It must be but them turbos could flow easy to 700+bhp so I was wondering could that be a wheel hp figure because 580 on T78 isn't that impessive
Perhaps not when talking about an RB26 or 1/2JZGTE, but this is an SR22 it's hanging off. 580hp is impressive regardless.

N

Ninj-r

Venue: Tuning Japanese
Bhp: 321 - 288lbft
Boost: 1.2
Mods: Forged pistons, Grp A fuel pump, Fuel pressure regulator, full mongoose exhaust (inc de cat pipe), Mushroom air filter, Forge FMIC, APEXi ECU. Std turbo.
Mileage covered with mods: approx 3,000
]Problems due to mods: none
Driving style(fast road, track etc): Whatever the occasion requires.

Just had: cams, AFM, injectors and gas flowed head & have been told it now runs 360hp and approx 300lbft. Bit disappointed with the torque figure but apparently thats the most you can get out of a standard turbo without risking it going pop.

C

clive760

power

Ninj-r said:
Venue: Tuning Japanese
Bhp: 321 - 288lbft
Boost: 1.2
Mods: Forged pistons, Grp A fuel pump, Fuel pressure regulator, full mongoose exhaust (inc de cat pipe), Mushroom air filter, Forge FMIC, APEXi ECU. Std turbo.
Mileage covered with mods: approx 3,000
]Problems due to mods: none
Driving style(fast road, track etc): Whatever the occasion requires.

Just had: cams, AFM, injectors and gas flowed head & have been told it now runs 360hp and approx 300lbft. Bit disappointed with the torque figure but apparently thats the most you can get out of a standard turbo without risking it going pop.

venue pts luton
bhp 400
lbf330
boost 1.5
mods
2.1 with je pitons,uprated rods,lighted bal crank&flywheel strd cams
gt30r turbo trust injectors r34 vspec cooler z32maf ,emange & 2 much else 2 say top secret
milage 5000
problems top secret
driving ,very slow

marcus_g

Venue:Westec (newport)
Bhp:314 251lbft
Boost:1 bar mong
Mods:3"janspeed,downpipe and de cat , fmic , hks mushroom filter , walbro fuel pump , b + m shifter , greddy profec b(set to 1 bar)
Mileage covered with mods:10,000+
Problems due to mods:lil prob's general wear and tear
Driving style(fast road, track etc):fast road 1/4's traffic light dragging

warringtonjack

Venue: Most places North West
Bhp: 310bhp, 289lb/ft
Boost: 1.1Bar
Mods: De-cat Mongoose with 5\" tail, Blitz LM filter, R33 fuel pump, uprated fpr, evc4 boost controller, hks iridium plugs, 2fast2cool FMIC, 2fast2cool catch tank, aircon removed, SARD EGT gauge, GReddy boost gauge, Apexi RSM, standard clutch still holding on.
Mileage: About 58000km in just over 2 years. :thumbsup:
Problems due to mods: clutch is finally starting to slip, radiator needed replacing due to being old and knackered and couldnt cope with increased temps.
Driving style: Either fast country roads in Mid-wales, or sat in near stationary traffic on M6.

Marcus - torque looks a tad low fella. :(

houghy_1

Venue: Pro Sport,Stockport 18/11/06

Bhp: 294 bhp

Torque: 290 lb/ft

Boost: Approx. 1 - 1.1 bar

Mods: R33 GTR fmic with full hard pipe run and custom hard induction pipe with quickshift s/s mesh induction cone, Walbro 255l uprated fuel pump,Denso IK24 Plugs,Mongoose full system with 5" slash can,Dawes Device,RPS Max Street clutch(rated to 475lb/ft),Baileys twin piston BOV.

Mileage covered with mods:300 with all mods listed,6000 with most of them

Problems due to mods: none since being back on the road

Driving style(fast road, track etc): Fast country road and Santa Pod.

S

sn_Racing

Venue: @ Home, RSE (Red Sun Engines) Norway
Bhp: 342 bhp, 404 NM @ hubs, Dynapack
Boost: 1.55 Bar
Mods: CP 86,5, power FC, AVCR, tomei head gasket, mongoose, 3071R, 730 cc
Z32 MAF, Apexi induction kit, etc, too much to list. Mapped at 1.55 bar.
Mileage: about 15.000 km with these mods
Problems due to mods: Some gearbox problems (stock), None engine problems
Driving style: Fast road and Track days, Norwegian Winter sports ;-)

E

El Dopesta

Venue:Toyodama Sports STEALTH
Bhp:225
Boost:0!
Mods:Stealth Daughterboard and De-restriction, Toyodama Ram Filter, iridium spark plugs, Top Gear Lamda Air Flow Actuator, FSE Boost Valve, 16" Dunlop EU Spec pure aluminium Racer Rims, Renault 19 Air Duct, Tappet re-adjustment and Kent cam.
Mileage:about 80 kms (only drive the car about once a month for an hour or even less!)
Problems due to mods: still not fast enough for me!
Driving style: Fast Road Loony

E

El Dopesta

hi skiddusmarkus.
i bought the car off a relative in japan. he told me the car was tuned by Toyodama. the car also had a one piece straight through stainless that consisted of a tubular manufold, decat mid and a 250ml outlet. i have had to remove it as the manufold cracked for some reason. dunno if he exagerated the horses though!!!

Radleigh

Venue: Power Engineering

Bhp: 274bhp - 236lbft

Boost: 1 mong bar

Mods: 3" Mongoose, FMIC, 14psi, Blitz Filter, grovved discs, braided lines

Mileage covered with mods: 10k

Problems due to mods: Water pump, gearbox,headgasket, loads of small little bits need sorting too, loom etc.

Driving style(fast road, track etc) Everyday use! Fast road at weekends, and track (Its stripped out too)

Last edited by a moderator:

P11SR20DET

Venue: Trinidad, West Indies

Bhp: 200whp - 174 ftlb @ stock boost (0.6 bar)

Bhp: 235whp - 201 ftlb @ 0.72 bar

Mods: 2-1/2" exhaust piping, FMIC, front wheel drive :shock:, K&N cone filter, Walbro 255 lph, Aeromotive FPR, AVC-R, HKS SSQV, ACT HD/SS clutch, Mobil1 10W30 full synth, custom engine grounding, 95 octane pump gas with Redline SI-1 fuel treatment.

Mileage covered with mods: 25,000 km

Problems due to mods: None. Had to change water pump, and front crank seal a long time ago.

Driving style(fast road, track etc): Fast road.I was astonished to see that 0.1 bar difference in boost made 35hp difference!! I did a baseline pull with the AVC-R off (stock boost), then two pulls with the AVC-R set to 0.7bar.

Looking at what some guys are getting, it appears I can get a little more out of it if I decat the f*cker??:noidea: I don't even know if the cat is in or not. What (easy) way is there to tell?

Last edited: