powder coating

zia

am in the process of rebuilding the lower arms. was thinking about painting or powder coating them to look better and stop rust. what have peeps done painted or powder coating? is it worth doing them or shall just stick the bushes in and slap them back on?

zia

zia

what normal paint etc? and why did you reweld it, was the weld breaking or something?

zia

Nad

If your on about the lower wishbones, they are only stitch welded and IIRC in the Grp N manual is says to weld to strengthen, I got a spare pair sitting outside going rusty which Im meant to be doing!

Nad

Keira

as above :wink:

mike welded them up for me 8)

when you get them off you'll see what nad means about the factory welds, replaced the ball joints aswell whilst they were out, gave them a good clean and roughened them up abit re-primed them and just used hammerite to re-paint.

pretty sure one of the guys from newcastle powder coated his...

Si..

kieron said:
pretty sure one of the guys from newcastle powder coated his...

i done them for him.

powder coatings the best paint going for metal but its not something you could do yourself unless you work in the business, and its something you want done properly especially for a part like this which is exposed to the elements.

for ease just paint them yourself with wetpaint and chuck them back on.

G

GAZ P

I'm just about to strip out my old suspension to fit new coilovers & am going to paint all the hubs, link arms, anti roll bars with Hammerite smooth spray paint.Will probably give the rear diff cage a coat aswell.

zia

that does look good!!!. just had a few quotes for powder coating and most adviced me that i get them shot blasted because of the rust,will cost too much so will just wet paint them.

zia

Si..

zia said:
that does look good!!!. just had a few quotes for powder coating and most adviced me that i get them shot blasted because of the rust,will cost too much so will just wet paint them.

zia
aye they would defo need blasting mate i had to do Tony's coz powder coating has to gel to fresh bare metal, you also need 3 coats of the stuff primer colour then laquer, it by far lasts the longest over any other paint.

what quotes did you get, just out of interest.??