possible fuel issues

R R' us

i took my spark plugs out to replace them and ther was nothing left of the two centre plugs...is it over fueling?

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Were they iridium tipped plugs? They're such a delicate tip that it's not unknown for them to wear down and come off the plug... I'm sure I saw something about this in another thread.

Hopefully they were the wrong temperature range and they got cooked... and that it's not a fuelling issue and you've been leaning-out (as you suspect). - What boost are you running; do you have an uprated pump (I'm sure you've said before, but I forget)?

Fusion Ed

Wow Id suggest that your car gets a proper health check/service. Thats really not a good thing to happen.

R R' us

i might of made it sound worse than it is but the tip was melted and i got it serivced end of january and couldnt get hold of plugs in time...i bought plugs off bob and done a fault code check and it flashed 55 which means no problems, so should i leave it and see how we get on?

Fusion Ed

Check the plugs after you have done about 10 miles and see what they look like. Make sure all looks the same. If they dont you probably have further problems. (which may or may not be bad)

Cheers,

Ed