'pop open' doors and snap off s.wheel...?

S

stomski

ppl,

wot du lot reckon to 'pop open' doors? ive just bought disco daves R and the passenger door has a few dinks, one of my mates suggested that when i get them sorted i should get the doors de-locked, with the entire handle taken off,smoothed over and have the doors linked to my alarm so they pop open, no need for handles, what du reckon people?

also, the cars got a lovely momo(i think) steering wheel which matches the leather interior, but for looks and peace of mind i want a snap off s.wheel, does any1 know if you can just by the fitting kit and keep ur existing s.wheel or du need to buy the lot?

cheers :D

G

GTiRich

If u remove handles it wud be an mot fail unless u know a nice tester. As for snap off kits i heard bad things about them. After a while they become loose and you have a wobbly steering wheel. Thats only what i heard tho

S

stomski

cheers guys, didnt realise no handles was a mot failure, but i'll obviously check it out b4 i have it done. :wink:

G

GTiRich

You have to have a way of manually accesing the car in case of an accident. Otherwise its an automatic MOT failure :cry:

S

stomski

thats the end of that idea then, cheers for letting me know :(

now wheres my list of other ideas :D

Nad

My Snap off kit has had nearly 70k thru it and still feels as tight as the day i brought it. THe ones that go wobly are where people just spin the wheel round and round trying to get it to go on and it wears the pins and locators down. Take care with putting it on and it will last forever.

Nad

J

jaigtir

Definately recommend the snap off, not much fun for a thief trying to drive away without a steering wheel :twisted:

G

GTiRich

Can you use a snap off on a standard R wheel. If you guys say they are good then i may be tempted as that'd be the ultimate detterent

G

GTiRich

Oh well then lol. will have to take the car apart every time i go out from now on then lol

S

stomski

just had a word with a mate and apparently as long as the boot lock isnt smoothed then its not an MOT failure to remove and smooth over the entire handlelock as you can still access the car thru the boot, but i'll obviously double check before i get it done :wink:

D

disco dave

all wrng on mot frnt
alsong as u have a button to open doors its ok alamr never woork right
do it buy button hey dud e if u mess upm y old car i wnt be happly with u but not make it look like a shitter

P

Pulsar_Bitch

If you put a push button under say the mirror then the door can be opened from outside.
Problem solved.
Mot passed

Get it done

G

GTiRich

If they wanted to get arsey a button under the mirror wouldnt be enough as they'd argue if the car lost power you cant open the door so need a manual way of doing it. I hate mot testers

S

stomski

as far as the snap off bit goes, can any1 point me in the right direction ie. part numbers, suppliers, rough cost as i really want a snap off kit but love my exisitng s.wheel

cheers :wink:

JIMMYBACK

the snap off kit is about 85-90 quid i have one on my civic and i never had a problem wiv the wheel coming loose :D do it i will when i have the money :D

S

stomski

def gona get it done as well as smoothing the handles and having pop open doors :wink:

thinkin of geting a flamer kit too?

hope none of the family are expecting me to spend mega bucks at xmas as the R getting it all at the moment :? :? :shock:

JIMMYBACK

stomski said:
def gona get it done as well as smoothing the handles and having pop open doors :wink:

thinkin of geting a flamer kit too?

hope none of the family are expecting me to spend mega bucks at xmas as the R getting it all at the moment :? :? :shock:
cool get a flamer the r will love it :D