Polish or paint ?

Shall I polish the rocker cover or leave it as it is ?

• Total voters

gtir303

i would leave it or get it painted another colour ,ive got a bit of polished stuff under my bonnet start with it looks nice but after a while it looks shabby ano have it chrome plated which aint cheap,and also the rocker cover is a big area to keep clean if u use the car alot

Davey

ye, defo leave it m8, one of the best engine bays ive seen, polished rocker covers are a bit OTT :D

A

antilag

me thinking whether to bring me spare rocker in on monday :roll:

A

antilag

i just remembered i ent working there no more lol doh yeh if u want it matewere sort summin out

D

disco dave

who pain the rocker cover for u before mate if u fancy something specail then talk to me disco dave il do u something trick for ur car

A

Anonymous

I saw you at Bonley m8, I was going to say hello but u were talkin for aaaaaages so I walked off and when i come back u were gone :p

It was painted whilst having a rebuild at hiteq, but I may very well come see you :)

Nad

I started doing the inside of the plenum but think i took a bit too much out and now gonna have to try and match back to the inlet half lol. Engine looks fine mate, leave well alone. Although I would have chopped off the TMIC bracket off the plenum.

Nad

A

Anonymous

Nad said:
Although I would have chopped off the TMIC bracket off the plenum.
I still had a TMIC when I polished it but that is something I never actually thought of, I'l do it if I have to have the engine out again :)

JU5TY

Nad said:
Although I would have chopped off the TMIC bracket off the plenum.
Hmm where did you get that idea from Nad! :wink:

Been there done that...lol:

As for your cam covers, defo leave them painted, reckon it will look a bit ott with them polished.
I also removed the big lip on the front of the cam covers before I got mine painted. :D

A

Anonymous

Did you do the polishing yourself JU5TY ? Looks a nice job m8, I bet it dosnt look that good anymore tho eh ? :)

I'm going to try and do some of the smaller parts in my engine bay next, then maybe bung in a few polished ally tanks n stuff :)