Plenum original gaskets or silicon ?

youngsyp

campbellju said:
Paul,

I've had my intake manifold of loads of times now. I maybe had a problem with reusing the gasket one when I was first getting into the R so I don't take the risk nowadays. I say maybe as I was lsoing boost and the only obvious culprit was the leaky head.

Its about £6 quid from Nissan so to my mind its a consumable.
I would seriously recomend tidying up the back of the engine though as it makes the thing so much more maintainable.

Cheers,
Jim
Jim,

Thanks for the input. I've already made up my mind to get a new one. I quite fancy one of those thermal intake gaskets too, whilst the other bits are off.

Cheers

Paul

youngsyp

campbellju said:
Can you reuse the thermal intake gaskets? I've been tempted but the price has put me off.
Generally yes. I'd personally go for a PTFE one and would happily re-use that if need be.

There's a chap on here who's had some made. I think he only wanted around £25 for them and, he made them to Hondata standards.

Paul

youngsyp

Well, I did all the work to change the knock sensor last weekend and I agree with everyone who said go in from underneath ! :lol:
Taking the throttle bodies off is a pain in the ass.

I did manage to delete the inlet heater though and remove the 'Y' bracket and attached bracketry. Didn't manage to port and polish the plenum internals as it was raining and by the time I'd got that stage, I was well cheesed off.
To get the plenum off is fairly easy now though so, I'll do that job when the weather gets better.

The senspr itself had a decent sized crack around each side so, it certainly needed changing. The wiring all looked nice and clean so, I'm hoping the problem is now sorted.
I did disconnect the battery to clear the fault code but, it appears this isn't sufficient ?! So, I cleared it with DataScan last night. I'll check it again in a week, to make sure the code has gone for good.

I will say that the car feels more urgent now and certainly smoother in power delivery but, I did change the fuel filter at the same time.

Paul