Piston Coatings Worth It?

N

newbie2

it looks alot better now than in the pics, all the stickers have gone and the interior floor has been painted black so it looks alot nicer,also the sloppy wireing has been tidied.
the big wing sump as they have called it is basically a cut and shut sump, its been cut through the middle horizontally and an extended piece welded in ! and im guessing the oil pick up will of been bent down abit further.

N

newbie2

yep all stickers have gone, it has uprated disks and pads and stops quite well but some 4 pots will be lined up in the near future.

tomble

Yes, its the first time i've heard of Greddy Pistons. Pardon my ignorance, but do they produce them at all for the SR20?

Tom

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
tomble said:
Yes, its the first time i've heard of Greddy Pistons. Pardon my ignorance, but do they produce them at all for the SR20?

Tom

GReddy Pistons for the SR20 do actually exist. They will be made by a piston company to GReddy Specs just like JUN use Cosworth and AMS use Ross..

Rishi

N

newbie2

yep they were greddy thay have greddy embossed on the insided but i melted 1 when i filled my car with diesel !
still using the greddy (carrillo)? rods but now with the je pistons.
i didnt realise the greddy pistons for these engines were so rare, i was going to put them for sale on ebay for spares but probably no-one will have them so i might aswell chuck them.

N

newbie2

oap-r said:
£365 for 2nd hand pistons :shock: :der:
oh and dont assume that is what i paid, you should of noticed that at that price there were no bids !
i got them for £350 including next day delivery also got a 1.2mm hks headgasket for £190 including next day delivery.

CruiseGTi-R

Its annoying that HG's are £190, more than half price of forged pistons. When you think about what you get they're a rip off. Its a bit of pressed steel sheet ffs.

Cometic ones are about £100 aren't they?

oap-r

I love Rob xxx
newbie2 said:
oh and dont assume that is what i paid, you should of noticed that at that price there were no bids !
i got them for £350 including next day delivery also got a 1.2mm hks headgasket for £190 including next day delivery.
Do you really think you got a good deal then :shock:

Without any form of haggling at all,i know where to get a Cometic 1.2mm gasket for £165 and quite a bit less than that if i try ;-)

And those pistons are still about £200 over priced :shock:

Next time you need anything at all,come and see me.I'm sure i could take a lot of your money in return for tat :der:

Rishi

oap-r said:
Without any form of haggling at all,i know where to get a Cometic 1.2mm gasket for £165 and quite a bit less than that if i try ;-)

The same place does it £65 cheaper to everyone eles.. Told you! They see you coming a mile away!! :lol:

Rishi

oap-r

I love Rob xxx
RishiGTiR said:
The same place does it £65 cheaper to everyone eles.. Told you! They see you coming a mile away!! :lol:

Rishi
Think we've a new candidate for most ripped off though :lol:

CruiseGTi-R

oap-r said:
Do you really think you got a good deal then :shock:

And those pistons are still about £200 over priced :shock:

Next time you need anything at all,come and see me.I'm sure i could take a lot of your money in return for tat :der:
Thats brilliant, tell everyone that Cometic gaskets can be had for a low price, but eerm, don't actually tell anyone where from.

Pretty useful. No wonder other members get ripped off.

:roll: :-D

Rishi

Call AGRA Engineering for the Cometic Gasket mate.. They are in the region of £100 from them. Just tell Jono i sent you along. ;)

Rishi