Pic request: HID kit 6000 or 8000?

billyboy

Alo chaps, i wanna buy at HID kit for my R but cant decide what kit i want. Its either gunna be the 6000k or 8000k.

Has anybody got any pics of their R with either of these kits fitted?

youngsyp

If you want functionality over looks, don't even bother with a 8000k kit. It'll output a very blue light that's way down on lumen count, when compared to the 6000k kit. Don't forget, the higher the colour temperature, the less light output the bulb will give.
My 6000k kit gives a pure white light output, even though it should have a slight blue tinge at that colour temp. That's probably because the colour temp of HID bulbs, normally has a tolerance of +- 500k. I suspect mine are closer to 5500k.
The actual light output from the kit I have fitted is also very high. I had 90w halogen/xenon bulbs fitted prior to the HID kit and the output now is easily twice as bright as it was, probably brighter.

Have a search round the web as, there are plenty of stores that will show you the difference between the various colour temps.

Also, if you find you don't like a specific colour temp, you can always change the bulbs to another one.

Paul

dobby

I can get some pics for you but the funny thing is that in daylight the camera wont see the light. I will have to wait untill it gets dark.

youngsyp

dobby said:
My 6000k kit's output isn't blue !

The Pulsar's headlights are not designed for use with HID bulbs so, the normal rules won't apply.
ALthough 4700k (daylight) bulbs produce the maximum light output, the light emitted will still appear slightly yellow. As a result, objects won't be as clear to see when the light hits them.
6000k bulbs will produce a much whiter light (with a blue tinge) so, will illuminate objects ahead of you better. The drop in light output is quite small when compared to the 4700k bulbs and still typically 3 times the light output of a 55/60w halogen bulb.

The best compromise for a non-HID designed headlamp, would be 5000k. If you can find a kit that will produce that colour temp output, go for that.

Paul

j10gtr

Cheers for reply.

If you flash your lights how much of a delay is there before the lights come on ?. Is there any times ie between switchig from dipped to full beam when both lights go off ?

Cheers
Paul

lilmark

they work the same as ur normal lights, but the insructions are sh1te of how to fit them but they are easy

GTIR-LOZ

is that right 15 quid:-o either thats a bargain or they will be total shite lol i know a standard xenon bulb is around 70 quid

lilmark

The postage makes up for the price £35 ive had mine for about a month an they are still working fine

lilmark

ive just ordered a set for me dads car the same kit but 4300k bulbs which im having an hes having me 8000k bulbs

youngsyp

lilmark said:
I bought a kit of ebay which is a H4 hi/lo kit so i have still got the dip headlights an full beam
If you order a kit from these ask them for the H4 hi/lo kit
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/HID-XENON-CONVERSION-KIT-BULBS-BALLAST-H4-6000K-NEW_W0QQitemZ370018951513QQihZ024QQcategoryZ9895QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
That kit only has a HID dipped beam, and a normal halogen high beam. That's why it's called a 'hi/lo' kit.
The kit I posted up, that I bought, is a true bi-xenon kit so, you get the full benefits of the HID light output on both dipped and main beam.

And, it is also from a UK based supplier so, will be much easier to deal with, if they're are any issues.

Paul