Paul Walker Tribute cruise/meet

alfyboy

Good afternoon guys & girls.

Some of you may remember me from a while ago on these forums. A lot of you wont as I haven’t been very active for a while due to busy professional & family life etc.

As most of you will already know. Paul Walker, star of the Fast & Furious movies was tragically killed this weekend in a car crash.

As a tribute to his life I am organising a charity car run + meet here in Scotland to help raise money for the charity he founded. Reach Out Worldwide, a charity that helps victims of natural disasters get the aid they so disparately need.
https://www.roww.org/

Although I never met Mr Walker, he holds a special place in my heart, as I’m sure he does for most petrol heads.

I know I wouldn’t have been such a fan of Jap cars + modifying in general if it wasn’t for the first F&F film all those years ago.

A true petrol head & a massive Nissan enthusiast, not to mention the fantastic charity work he did for disabled kids and founding Reach out Worldwide.

I’m sure there are plenty of you that would like to celebrate his life in the best way I can think of, with cars.

I’m still getting the details finalised for the run. Should have it all sorted for midweek.

Looking to get an idea of numbers to help me plan the final meeting point.

A friend of mine is designing car stickers for all that attend to help raise money. Final design, costs and charity contributions are still to be confirmed.

There will be a Facebook event page active by the end of today with updates being added asap.

In the meantime please feel free to contact me via the forum, facebook or my email address alfyboy1@hotmail.com

Thanks for taking the time to read this + I hope you can attend the event,
Alfy

mreguest

F-ME!

I've just been reading the news online... Sad news, one hell of a bad crash :(

Good on you Alfy, that's a nice thing to do! Good Luck!

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
Just been shown the post crash video (before emergency services were there).

People not helping and thinking the car was going to burst into flames like "Hollywood".

A real shame what happened, hopefully it was quick and not prolonged for them.

vpulsar

F-ME!

I've just been reading the news online... Sad news, one hell of a bad crash :(

Good on you Alfy, that's a nice thing to do! Good Luck!

Yeah I watched that to it was disgusting how none of them even tried to help get the guys out of the car or put the fire out, It looked like a strange place to have a crash the weather was great a very wide road very odd indeed.

He will be missed I've seen him interviewed a few times and he always came across as a straight shooter, Very nice guy indeed.

Rob

MarkTurbo

Yeah I watched that to it was disgusting how none of them even tried to help get the guys out of the car or put the fire out, It looked like a strange place to have a crash the weather was great a very wide road very odd indeed.
You've been watching too many Hollywood films, pulling people out of burning cars isn't exactly easy! You can hear them asking for fire hoses etc but there was nothing they could do really, and looking at the wreckage I'd be surprised if they weren't already dead before it caught fire :sad:

As for being a strange place to crash anything could have happened, mechanical failure etc!

lakeview

i wonder if there will be a cruise/meet for the other guy who died?probably not as he doesnt seem as famous therefore not as important

johnny gtir

Its for his charity so its a good thing in my opinion. People can relate to paul as for his role in fast n furious cars something were all on here for who knows the other person ? I not saying dont remember him but yes paul is famous and lost count of how many people i know even those who are not into cars said stuff about fast inc the unreal amount of unrealistic bits yet we in most waited and watched the next one