Pace FMIC

Tim GTiR

Just bought this:

Anyone got a photo with one of these fitted?

Mine seems to have a different pipe run to others I've seen, I know Pace made a mk1, mk2 version etc, but haven't a clue which mine is :doh:

Cheers,

Tim

EVOBAD

its def not the mark 1 as i used that one about 6years ago,the pipe work go eash side of the rad i think

Tim GTiR

Its the hose setup on the drivers side that I'm a little unsure of.

There is a small alloy joiner that alters the path of the top radiator hose, and I was hoping someone had a photo that showed what it looks like.

Tim

A

ard1ey

Here's some pics of mine, it's the Mk1. You can just about see the radiator top hose mod in one of the pics, basically you chop the existing hose in half and use the end bits to mate the alloy pipe to the head and rad. It takes a bit of fiddling around - on mine the rubber bit going onto the head is really kinked, but it's held up for 4 years or so.

Kit looks good, the pipework is better than mine - someone must have told them what bends were :)

Hope that helps,

Ian

Attachments

Tim GTiR

Those photos are a great help, thanks alot :thumbsup:

Looks like i'll have fun fitting it.... Ah well, looks like its worth it though, looks a good fit :-D

How did you go about getting the intercooler in between the radiator and a/c rad? Can you take off the slam panel and slip it in between or is that wishful thinking?

Tim

A

ard1ey

It's a joy to fit, oh yes :)

You can unbolt the slam panel, you need to undo some of the bolts holding the bonnet latch and then there are 4 x 10mm bolts holding the panel itself (two either end, one on top and one on the front).

Depending on how similar the Mk1 and Mk2 are, you might have to drill out some holes in the panel and the intercooler, the fitting instructions I got many moons ago were ok to a point, then totally useless. Did you get slimline fans with the kit
, Pace supplied a large one and a small one to fit onto the radiator as the originals are too big to fit into the gap once the intercooler is in...