Oulton park Sunday 15th November

Hello,

Thinking of booking this for a track day, it's only £149 as well which seems pretty cheap, anyone up for it??

Cheers Chris.

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
I don't have a car to use but we could always have an NW meet at Oulton. The other regular's cars are either being rebuilt or not track warriors

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
I don't have a car to use but we could always have an NW meet at Oulton. The other regular's cars are either being rebuilt or not track warriors
Sounds like a plan. - I'm a little tempted, but concerned that I'm not ready to mix it with the big boys at a general track day.

On the upside, I've now swapped the rusted passenger door for one without rust (and side-intrusion bars)... but the car is otherwise still quite rough.

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
Yeah why not, hopefully my car should be sorted by then.

Would be nice to get back on track and thrash my new engine...

This is looking like a good plan then, a meet at the same time!
mixing it with the big boys, lol, it's only a bit of fun, you can go as fast or as slow as you feel comfortable with! :)
And sounds like a plan Andy, the one for today we never managed to materialise so by mid November that's loads of time to get it running right! :) need to mention it to Martyn and Danny as well too, get them on it!! :)

vss irvine

if I wasn't out the country id be there, really wanted a trackday in at oulton before the winter.

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
Unfortunately I won't be able to attend now:

1) Its WRC weekend so I'll be hiding in the bushes in the North Wales forests, being drunk and cremating food on a bbq!

2) There is some sort of "facebook chav jap car meet" at OP that weekend, I've been told they are charging £2.00 entry fee's to get into the circuit.
I'm not sure if that applies to all trackday attendants, but just a heads up if you are thinking of going down!

Alright Andy, no worries, cheers for letting me know.

Mines still broke at the moment anyway so I never managed to book it, just need some shims to get it all up and running!!

Sounds cheap that to get into O.P for a car show, I might give that a look!

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
Sounds cheap that to get into O.P for a car show, I might give that a look!
Just to point out, its not a show that OP organise, this is a "cruize". The money goes towards the japclub iirc?

If you go take some photos ;-)

However I have been looking at trackday dates for OP. There are not many left, however there is one for:

MSVT Oulton Park - General Car Track Day
Tuesday 25 Nov 2014
Open Pit @ £119.00

I personally might go to that as I'll have run my engine in by then, not sure if anyone else would like to attend that day?

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
End of November is easier for me. Still won't have a suitable car but happy to join in and support in the pit etc

Hopefully that should be good for me! I found that one as well, through MSV?? As soon as I get mine shimmed up again, I'll book it!

Have you still got the shims up in Sunny Scotland Martyn?? Don't worry, I'm slowly irritating Danny asking him about them everyday as well!!! :twisted:

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
I've thought that but the brakes on Das Koch mibile are awful so I'd need to do something with them first. Too much on at the moment so if I did join in I'd just potter round on track.

Pottering about is fine, as long as you enjoy your day it doesn't matter if you drive fast or slow!

Hopefully it's a box full of shims pal!! A couple of weeks, always working hard aren't ya! Is your old man able to send them at all?? I know thats something Danny was suggesting! I've just got it all stripped down in garage ready and waiting again that's all! Also wanting to then fit my new boost controller, get it mapped up again by Ed, then do this track day, and times ticking!! Wish they were a bit easier to get hold of instead of them been like rocking horse shit, and expensive shit too!!