orange Antilock lamp!

A

Anonymous

... why are the orange Anitlock light.. turning on when im driving? not all the time... only some times.

whats wrong?

is the brake fluid empty??

help me... ... damn im bad at english. =)

A

AZ STE

Do you mean the ABS Light mines done this a few times if you stop turn the engine off and back on it clears as long as it does clear think you are getting the odd blip.

J

Jon

dont worry
mine's been on since i bought the car nearly 2 years ago, it does go off sometimes but normally, it's on, even if i do turn the engine off & back on again?
i took it to nissan & they said not to worry either?
jsut one of those things on some of our cars
Jon

A

Anonymous

I would guess that one of your ABS sensors has a slight loose connection. So this would cause your problems. Dont worry about it until it actually starts playing up your brakes like it did with mine. At one point when i braked the car would drift sideways down the motorway cos brakes would lock on one side and be fine the other, most amusing.

j10gtr

Have you checked the ABS computer in the passanger footwell behind the trim for faults. if a fult is indicated then look up the code. The resistence of the whhel sensors can also be checked with a meter. Search for further details on abs fault codes and how to check it.

thanks
Paul

A

Anonymous

if the abs light is on or coming on this means the abs will not function properly i would suggest you sort it out as you never know when you will need it

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Does the led on the control unit flash when you stop after a run (with the engine still running)? If so, how many flashes?
You might just have a dirty sensor that needs a quick clean.

In theory you should never need abs, but sods law says you'll need it if it isn't working properly.