Oil Thermostat cooling.

Radleigh

Stumo, Top installation there, What rad is that as looks smaller in height than standard?

Also, does anyone have pictures of remote mounted filters? Cheers :)

stumo

its not his, he stole that picture from someone elses car!

he only has a 1.6sr nissan sunny, (with tsw venoms on it)!
1.6.... i wish, it's only a frikkin 1.4 :roll:

teh venoms look awesome (they're 18's), it's got a flamer kit 1/2 way down the exhaust so it pops like a R on gearchanges....8)

Last edited:

Trip

When you remove the oil cooler, there is a threaded hole in the housing, you need the threaded tube so that the top cap is able to screw onto something
If i understand correctly, the threaded hole has the same thread dia and pitch of the top cap ?

stumo

another pic of that guys car.....(VSS, keep yer frikkin big MOUTH shut next time:roll:)

davey red.r

stu i notice the air filter intake has just the one bend in,
am i right in believing they should have 2 bends in?
especially on higher powered cars for blowback,
as i was going to go for that setup, but mr norris advised me not to.

looking top notch your motor matey8)

cheers

davey

stumo

boost, the intercooler came with the car, i believe there's two sizes avalable, but they're approx £1000 for the kit!

Davey, if it blows back and damages the MAF i'll just buy another(it's still got the grille on it).... it does have only 1 bend and it's not a sharp one.

Braveheart

looks like it would be fairly easy to fit. It's the IC that fits in the OE rad mounts so there would be no need to cut front bumper and the pipe run should be relativly short to.

vss irvine

how close would it be to the turbo though? have you not also spaced your turbo from the block scott?

suppose theres less chance of you damaging them when you bin it again!!!!!

Braveheart

how close would it be to the turbo though? have you not also spaced your turbo from the block scott?

suppose theres less chance of you damaging them when you bin it again!!!!!
If you have a good front ender with that setup it's a rad and FMIC you are looking to replace. It would hold up quite well though to the odd front end kiss... anyway, lets be positive.
Just thought it would help other R owners spend all their hard earned cash.... ;-) I'm still planning to run ARC TMIC.
I have been busy buying parts in an effort to get this car done... I'm not happy with my current turbo setup.
Ordered new actuator and bracket and I need to get the file out and try to twist the turbo a bit more on the turbo / exhaust flange and do away with my 4 engine exhaust manifold gaskets...:doh:
I'll drop you an email soon Martyn to relay my plans and what I hope to get done at VSS..

Cheers.

P

pulsarboby

thats the same as my setup now.
was a right bitch to fit with 3071 with 4'' intake, i ended up having to cut a lump out of the inner bonnet skin, doing away with the top slam panel and grinding down the front main strut as well as drilling holes in it to mount the ic / rad, its the height of the thing thats a real prob, but if your running a standardish setup then shouldnt be too bad a fit.
believe me it dont look very pretty and the car will fold up if i ever hit anything:lol: