Oil relocation kit.

RO_SUNNY

Hi guys and ladies.

I posted this also on the modifiers.

I was thinking of buying a filter relocation kit.

What's your opinions on this?
Has anyone used this?
Pro / cons about this....

Cheers,
Bogdan

Braveheart

[FONT=&quot]I've relocated my filter to the os inner wing while fitting front mounted oil cooler and manual oil temp gauge.
It's easier to replace now but I could not fit thermostatic sandwich plate as it would not have passed oil through filter until it was up to temperature.
This configuration would not be ideal for a road car that is used for short journeys as it takes a while for the oil to reach normal operating temp.

[/FONT]

stumo

Oi Jesus, i'd deffo get the ends of your pipes swaged as a leak will end in tears.

If you want a relocation kit, look at Think Automotive web site and order all the individual parts you need.

skiddusmarkus

Wa sjust thinking the same about the joins on the pipes, somone recently had a problem using that type, it will quickly empty your engine of oil if it leaks.

Braveheart

Oi Jesus, i'd deffo get the ends of your pipes swaged as a leak will end in tears.
This has been mentioned to me before.
At that time I measured up for swaged pipes, called demon tweeks to order pipes and they talked me out of it saying that these connections are very safe and do not come off.
They told me that clips were not even required.

skiddusmarkus

Search here or the other site, someone had his happen in the past couple of months.DT won't give you any guarentee that this won't happen as it will be covered by the usual bullshit racing part, not for road use. I would take that conversation with a pinch of salt.

RO_SUNNY